By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is it time for Phil Spencer to be demoted or retire from Microsoft?

Is it time for Phil Spencer to be demoted or retire from Microsoft?

Yes 29 47.54%

Maybe 13 21.31%

No 19 31.15%

Total:61
Hardstuck-Platinum said:
Norion said:

MWIII was released literally one month after the acquisition was completed so this should not be listed.

It still released under MS control though. If it's quality wasn't good enough they had the power to delay the release of the game, so his point is still valid

Nobody thinks is unless they are obsessed with the console war narratives of finding any sort of fault. If this was Sony, you wouldn't dare put blame on them for something like this. 

Around the Network
Hardstuck-Platinum said:
Norion said:

MWIII was released literally one month after the acquisition was completed so this should not be listed.

It still released under MS control though. If it's quality wasn't good enough they had the power to delay the release of the game, so his point is still valid

It's not that simple though since it would've needed a big delay to make a significant difference and there's gonna be a COD coming out this year and they're not gonna release two close together. The one coming this year is supposed to have four years of development which is a series first so sacrificing the 2023 one to keep things in order for this year for the one that actually matters makes sense I think. 2025-2026 should be when the impact of the acquisition starts being felt.

Norion said:
Hardstuck-Platinum said:

It's not that simple though since it would've needed a big delay to make a significant difference and there's gonna be a COD coming out this year and they're not gonna release two close together. The one coming this year is supposed to have four years of development which is a series first so sacrificing the 2023 one to keep things in order for this year for the one that actually matters makes sense I think. 2025-2026 should be when the impact of the acquisition starts being felt.

In terms of logistics I agree with you, but just because the logistics work better to release it in 2023 doesn't mean it was right in terms of principle. All I was saying is that, his point is TECHNICALLY still valid. MS launched one of the worst rated COD game under their ownership and technically had the ability to stop it, but they didn't

smroadkill15 said:
Hardstuck-Platinum said:

Nobody thinks is unless they are obsessed with the console war narratives of finding any sort of fault. If this was Sony, you wouldn't dare put blame on them for something like this. 

There you go again bringing up the console war when I don't care about console wars because there isn't one. PS5 is outselling Xbox by almost 4:1. What kind of war is that? If Bungie released a bad game shortly after Sony acquired them I also would have said that they should've just used their power to delay it. I don't see what it's got to do with console wars

Hardstuck-Platinum said:
smroadkill15 said:

There you go again bringing up the console war when I don't care about console wars because there isn't one. PS5 is outselling Xbox by almost 4:1. What kind of war is that? If Bungie released a bad game shortly after Sony acquired them I also would have said that they should've just used their power to delay it. I don't see what it's got to do with console wars

There is always a "winning" and "losing" console. Was there no console war the previous generations? You prove time and time again to be invested by every conversation being about it. You use this excuse to dismiss your behavior and not be held accountable for console warring. You care more about twitter console drama than actually playing games. When asked why you never talk about playing games, I quote, "Why would I. It's not exactly a hobby to be proud of." But talking about the bullshit on Twitter is something to be proud of? 

Its not nearly as simple as you make it seem to delay the game. You do realize a game starts printing and shipping about a month of release? For all we know CoD already started this phase and it would cause more issues to try and delay the game when retailers and ABK are expecting shipments by a certain date. Nobody in MS situation would have delayed the game with such a short amount of time. This is also expecting MS to be in a position to make these kinds of decisions with such a short turnaround. 

Last edited by smroadkill15 - on 05 May 2024

Around the Network
Hardstuck-Platinum said:
Norion said:

In terms of logistics I agree with you, but just because the logistics work better to release it in 2023 doesn't mean it was right in terms of principle. All I was saying is that, his point is TECHNICALLY still valid. MS launched one of the worst rated COD game under their ownership and technically had the ability to stop it, but they didn't

It still feels strange to point out since the blame pretty much entirely lies with Activision Blizzard for how MWIII turned out but fair enough I suppose. The series better get a year off soon since it desperately needs it.

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
snyps said:

That makes sense. I feel that way about all consoles, except for point 3. There’s nothing compelling that isn’t on PC or at least can’t be emulated.

I don’t really keep up like I used to, but it sounds like Sony still has more exclusives. If I had more time, I’d maybe try them out. 

Too bad about the bottleneck. I actually appreciate the low tier option. Consoles are so expensive and they don’t give a lot of return for the high end cost. 

How on earth can you say that?  Consoles at their price and specs get incredible performance compared to making a PC with those same specs and the PC would cost much more.  

There’s a misunderstanding. I’m saying that high priced specs aren’t worth it. Whether that be consoles or pc. At least with an older pc, you can still play most games. 

smroadkill15 said:
Hardstuck-Platinum said:

There is always a "winning" and "losing" console. Was there no console war the previous generations? You prove time and time again to be invested by every conversation being about it. You use this excuse to dismiss your behavior and not be held accountable for console warring. You care more about twitter console drama than actually playing games. When asked why you never talk about playing games, I quote, "Why would I. It's not exactly a hobby to be proud of." But talking about the bullshit on Twitter is something to be proud of? 

Its not nearly as simple as you make it seem to delay the game. You do realize a game starts printing and shipping about a month of release? For all we know CoD already started this phase and it would cause more issues to try and delay the game when retailers and ABK are expecting shipments by a certain date. Nobody in MS situation would have delayed the game with such a short amount of time. This is also expecting MS to be in a position to make these kinds of decisions with such a short turnaround. 

When Dan Stapleton gave starfield a 7/10, he was overwhelmed with a vile torrent of abuse. He was on twitter trying to reason with the Xbox fans but I found it really disturbing to watch that a mob of people came after him like they did. Console war topics mean a lot to me because people get treated horribly because of it and I'm just really looking forward to seeing the end of the console wars. 

The reason I didn't tell you about all the games I play, is because I don't just start trying to prove myself whenever someone tries to command me to do so. No-one should have to do that. 

About COD, they would have been in a transition period for awhile, and MS would have started having influence long before the closing date because they would have known that they were going to get blizzard eventually. It's not like they would've just gone from 0% influence and control to 100% overnight

Hardstuck-Platinum said:
smroadkill15 said:

When Dan Stapleton gave starfield a 7/10, he was overwhelmed with a vile torrent of abuse. He was on twitter trying to reason with the Xbox fans but I found it really disturbing to watch that a mob of people came after him like they did. Console war topics mean a lot to me because people get treated horribly because of it and I'm just really looking forward to seeing the end of the console wars. 

The reason I didn't tell you about all the games I play, is because I don't just start trying to prove myself whenever someone tries to command me to do so. No-one should have to do that. 

About COD, they would have been in a transition period for awhile, and MS would have started having influence long before the closing date because they would have known that they were going to get blizzard eventually. It's not like they would've just gone from 0% influence and control to 100% overnight

Here you go again. I don't care what game reviews give as a score because at the end of the day, it's an opinion even if I don't agree. Right now, what you are doing is acting like only one side act this way when it's like this across the board. All fanboys do the same shit. One side isn't better than the other. If you were really wanting the console war to end, you would stop promoting it. 

I didn't ask you to tell me what you play. The problem is you have never mentioned anything about playing a game. It's always a console wars with you. And when you say, talking about [playing games] is not something to be proud of, it's makes me believe you have alternative motives being on here. 

Xbox isn't going to have any say if a game should be delayed or not before the acquisition went through no matter what you think because anything can happen.

"It's not like they would've just gone from 0% influence and control to 100% overnight." That's exactly my point.

Funniest part about this is VersusEvil is very likely trolling with this point he made because he knew people would make something out of it. 

smroadkill15 said:
Hardstuck-Platinum said:

Here you go again. I don't care what game reviews give as a score because at the end of the day, it's an opinion even if I don't agree. Right now, what you are doing is acting like only one side act this way when it's like this across the board. All fanboys do the same shit. One side isn't better than the other. If you were really wanting the console war to end, you would stop promoting it. 

I didn't ask you to tell me what you play. The problem is you have never mentioned anything about playing a game. It's always a console wars with you. And when you say, talking about [playing games] is not something to be proud of, it's makes me believe you have alternative motives being on here. 

Xbox isn't going to have any say if a game should be delayed or not before the acquisition went through no matter what you think because anything can happen.

"It's not like they would've just gone from 0% influence and control to 100% overnight." That's exactly my point.

Funniest part about this is VersusEvil is very likely trolling with this point he made because he knew people would make something out of it. 

I'm sorry you feel the way you do but clearly we both feel the other person is the one being the console warrior and I'm not getting the feeling there will be any progress in resolving it between us. I don't care which side wins the console war, I just want to see an end to the war and the vile way people treat each other over it. As of now it looks like Sony is on track to completely dominate MS and push MS out of the console market, which is why I'm a fan of Sony. Their success will end the console war once and for all