By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is it time for Phil Spencer to be demoted or retire from Microsoft?

Is it time for Phil Spencer to be demoted or retire from Microsoft?

Yes 29 47.54%

Maybe 13 21.31%

No 19 31.15%

Total:61
Conina said:
Wman1996 said:

If Phil and Microsoft didn't care at all about selling consoles, he would probably be doing a really great job. But they do, considering they're making a next-gen console.

And Sony is still making TVs and mobile phones... that doesn't mean that the TV business or phone business is their main focus.

But its A focus. 

Around the Network
Wman1996 said:
snyps said:

I stopped playing on consoles several years ago. They don’t appeal to me anymore. What is it that people dislike about Xbox series s/x?

I have neither version of the Series, but from what I've read

1. Lack of compelling first-party software

2. Lack of compelling third-party exclusives, even if they're console exclusive but on PC

3. Series S is a bottleneck. There's criticism for Xbox requiring games to run on Series S and Series X. While Series S is better than One X in most ways on paper and actual performance, One X has 2 GB more RAM (but GDDR5 instead of GDDR6 like Series S) and supports higher resolutions on average. Admittedly, it has less 60 FPS support than Series S.

That makes sense. I feel that way about all consoles, except for point 3. There’s nothing compelling that isn’t on PC or at least can’t be emulated.

I don’t really keep up like I used to, but it sounds like Sony still has more exclusives. If I had more time, I’d maybe try them out. 

Too bad about the bottleneck. I actually appreciate the low tier option. Consoles are so expensive and they don’t give a lot of return for the high end cost. 

I still question why he got the Lifetime Achievement award lol

snyps said:
Wman1996 said:

I have neither version of the Series, but from what I've read

1. Lack of compelling first-party software

2. Lack of compelling third-party exclusives, even if they're console exclusive but on PC

3. Series S is a bottleneck. There's criticism for Xbox requiring games to run on Series S and Series X. While Series S is better than One X in most ways on paper and actual performance, One X has 2 GB more RAM (but GDDR5 instead of GDDR6 like Series S) and supports higher resolutions on average. Admittedly, it has less 60 FPS support than Series S.

That makes sense. I feel that way about all consoles, except for point 3. There’s nothing compelling that isn’t on PC or at least can’t be emulated.

I don’t really keep up like I used to, but it sounds like Sony still has more exclusives. If I had more time, I’d maybe try them out. 

Too bad about the bottleneck. I actually appreciate the low tier option. Consoles are so expensive and they don’t give a lot of return for the high end cost. 

How on earth can you say that?  Consoles at their price and specs get incredible performance compared to making a PC with those same specs and the PC would cost much more.  

I am Iron Man

No he should stay. I like what he is doing.

Around the Network

Imho. Phil needs to Go, cause he killed Xbox hardware...
Sure, he managed to make "papa Microsoft" invest big money on Xbox, but hardware Sales are going down sharply and many in the fanbase are losing their interest, their hope in the Xbox brand. I mean... Fuck, Timdog became a Playstation fanboy! Timdog, and many others, left the fucking ship. When the zealots lose faith, you know there is a big problem...

Manlytears said:

Imho. Phil needs to Go, cause he killed Xbox hardware...
Sure, he managed to make "papa Microsoft" invest big money on Xbox, but hardware Sales are going down sharply and many in the fanbase are losing their interest, their hope in the Xbox brand. I mean... Fuck, Timdog became a Playstation fanboy! Timdog, and many others, left the fucking ship. When the zealots lose faith, you know there is a big problem...

Timdog was even trending on Twitter today because of the switch to PS. I'm not sure if Phil needs to go though because in terms of revenue they're still doing the best they've ever done. It is all about revenue at the end of the day, and does it really matter if that revenue comes from hardware or not

Who the fuck is Timdog?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Who the fuck is Timdog?

A famous twitter Xbox fan with about 80k followers. He was close with Phil spencer, played games with him and even ate dinner with him. He got so annoyed with Xbox decisions he was thinking about getting a PS, but when Jez Corden recently said all Xbox games are coming to PS and Sarah Bond put a blue heart in her tweet about the June 11 showcase, it tipped him over the edge and now he's on twitter showing himself buying everything PlayStation and tweeting out his thanks to PlayStation. It's been a crazy turnaround but i personally really like the new Timdog

Last edited by Hardstuck-Platinum - on 04 May 2024

Leynos said:

Who the fuck is Timdog?

Your typical Twitter console warrior, utterly irrelevant and not worth paying attention to but I'll sum him up for you.

He's a massive console warrior who made his entire personality a plastic box and when said plastic box was losing a few exclusives to another plastic box, Timdog lost his absolute shit and had a full on meltdown on Twitter, now he no longer cares for said plastic box and everything to do with it (despite previously pretending like he loved everything to do with it).

I saw his tweet (in a Discord, I don't follow and never have followed any of these console warriors) and I saw people mocking his tweet so I assume a reason for him trending was people mocking him as per usual, if you want to know what his really sad tweet was: "So I listened to many and I’m just gonna be positive about Sony which is now my preferred console and gaming company of choice. I will try to keep my tweeting about Xbox to minimum. Gonna try out the Sony experience now and give them a shot."

So basically he said he's going to intentionally limit posting about Xbox now (all those games he was excited about? Suddenly not excited for them and will artificially limit himself from talking about them) ultimately it proves that he never gave a fuck about anything, such as the games and that he only cared about using said games in his pathetic little console war to use as ammo against Sony fans.

God help this dude if one day in the future, PlayStation started porting stuff to Xbox consoles (before someone jumps in to scream at me that will never happen, that isn't the point of my comment), the point is, TimDog would probably spontaneously combust when he has no console anymore to be a console warrior in. He is the peak example of why it's a bad thing to make your entire personality a plastic box.

And from that tweet, Sony became his preferred console and company of choice before he even got a PlayStation, Lmfao...Because he listened to many and he's now going to be Sony's #1 cheerleader (it's so artificial and fake) and the limiting himself talking about Xbox, bro is acting like a person can't be a fan of multiple consoles or talk about multiple consoles, his entire Twitter personality will now be plastic box #2.

FWIW I've always mocked him as a console warrior and clown, I've never been much of a fan of him, I mean I'd say he is less harmful than some other console warriors but JFC the dude needs to grow up and I know a lot of other Xbox users who aren't a fan of him either, PlayStation users shouldn't entertain his nonsense because one day he could just as easily have yet another absolute meltdown over PlayStation.

Good thing Sony unlike Xbox won't create a relationship with him because Sony tends to not interact with their fans anywhere near as much as Xbox does which has led to some console warriors in the Xbox community being emboldened and making them think that Xbox is their personal friend and they're treating it like their girlfriend fucked their mortal enemy or as someone else put it on Reddit: "They're "influencers" who made their whole persona being Microsoft's strongest soldiers serving on the front lines of the console wars."

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 04 May 2024