By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the hype around Nintendo too quiet or dry right now to be healthy for Switch/Switch 2?

Is hype around Nintendo too quiet right now to be healthy?

Yes, Nintendo needs to do... 5 9.80%

Preferable for Nintendo t... 9 17.65%

While hype is low right n... 30 58.82%

Nintendo's hype is high right now, not low. 7 13.73%

Total:51
Chrkeller said:
KLXVER said:

4) No region locking

Is that a concern?  I moved from US to UK, both games work on my Switch.  I thought region lock died awhile ago.  

Switch is the first Nintendo home console to ever be region free. Even the 3DS was region locked.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Chrkeller said:

Not worried here. Nintendo needs 3 things:

1) ps4 performance
2) $350 price point
3) BC

Hype will take care of itself. While some of us love cutting edge, portable Nintendo games with ps4 graphics is all that is needed.

4) No region locking

KLXVER said:
Chrkeller said:

Is that a concern?  I moved from US to UK, both games work on my Switch.  I thought region lock died awhile ago.  

Switch is the first Nintendo home console to ever be region free. Even the 3DS was region locked.

Which answers your wish. There's no reason to go back to the region-locking days. 

And no, answering with "But it's Nintendo we're talking about" does not constitute a real answer.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

KLXVER said:
Chrkeller said:

DS was region free.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
KLXVER said:

DS was region free.

The Wii wasn't.

The world belongs to you-Pan America

SAguy said:
Leynos said:

DS was region free.

The Wii wasn't.

Nope. I used letterbomb to soft-mod it back in the day. So I was able to import Xenoblade/The Last Story/Pandora's Tower from Gamesation in the UK for OP Rainfall. Eventually just started importing Japanese games like Earth Seeker/Ougon no Kizuna/Captain Rainbow (the Nintendo game where Birdo has a vibrator) and Zangeki no Reginleiv which is EDF but with Norse Mythological creatures.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Hopefully Nintendo stays away from region lock. I don't see why they would.

Leynos said:
KLXVER said:

DS was region free.

I know. The GB, GBC and GBA was as well, so it was weird that the 3DS wasnt.

Hype has always been going for Nintendo. There fandom is why I stay interested in Nintendo.

BiON!@