By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Announced from Nintendo Direct Partner Showcase 2/21/24

Great showcase - really liked the announcements made.

High Priority
-Monster Hunter Stories
-Shin Megami Tensei V Vengeance
-Unicorn Overlord

Medium Priority
-Disney Epic Mickey Rebrushed
-Star Wars Battlefront Classic Collection
-Sword Art Online Fractured Daydream
-Gundam Breaker 4
-Reynatis
-Penny's Big Breakaway
-Endless Ocean Luminous

Low Priority
-Super Monkey Ball Banana Rumble
-Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time
-Another Crab's Treasure
-Pepper Grinder
-Pocket Card Jockey Ride on!
-Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley
-Pentiment
-Picross S+

No Priority/Dont care for
-Kingdom Come Deliverance Royal Edition
-Grounded

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

Giant *yawn* from me.

Pretty much my reaction. No biggie though, not that I was expecting anything for me anyway.

I thought it was a pretty good Partner Direct.

The only think that was missing was The Plucky Squire, I hoped to see a release date.
Luckily Devolver posted a new gameplay trailer for it recently, but still no release date.

Tober said:

I thought it was a pretty good Partner Direct.

The only think that was missing was The Plucky Squire, I hoped to see a release date.
Luckily Devolver posted a new gameplay trailer for it recently, but still no release date.

I figure they'll show it in their next Indie World showcase 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I saw a lot of negative criticism on YouTube about this one, but I liked a lot of what I saw on this one. Definitely giving me a reason to keep an eye out for them on the EShop over the next couple of months.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

For a partner direct? Impressive. Wasn’t expecting Sonic Mania’s team to shadow drop their big title, nor for bigger announcements along the lines of Epic Mickey or Endless Ocean to be included. (Plus all those Rare games added to NSO will be good fun. :)…and some hope for Mother 3.)

firebush03 said:

For a partner direct? Impressive. Wasn’t expecting Sonic Mania’s team to shadow drop their big title, nor for bigger announcements along the lines of Epic Mickey or Endless Ocean to be included. (Plus all those Rare games added to NSO will be good fun. :)…and some hope for Mother 3.)

Yeah a very solid Partner Direct. Some exclusives too.

Nintendo Japan will never give the World Mother 3. It's sad to have games locked behind region specificity.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Isnt there several ways to play Mother 3 in english at this point?

oh dang love those sw:battlefront games back in the xbox days. That collection may eventually find its way into my library

KLXVER said:

I heard some people predicting this could get a western release. I really hope so. It looks awesome. I think its from the same people who made the older Goemon games.

I decided to import this one from Japan. It just looks really great to me. I heard it sold bad in Japan as well. Lack of marketing, so this may become a rare and expensive game in the future. Still hope it gets a western release though.