By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 6, 2024 (Feb 05 - Feb 11)

It would be amazing if the Switch can hit 3M units this year in Japan, but I expect 2M since we will likely get the release of the Switch 2 or, at least, information related to the Switch 2.

Around the Network
Tober said:

Comparing Switch to 2018 and assuming there will not be a holiday boost in 2024, I believe we are looking at 2.5 million for Switch this year. Still good considering it's age. PS5 looks to be trending in the 2 million range.

Yeah even without the Switch 2, it'll be destroyed in the holiday season compared to 2018. I'm leaning in that range too.

I wonder what its impact is going to be when it's revealed, though.

Never realized mario kart sold so well

BiON!@ 

haxxiy said:
Tober said:

Comparing Switch to 2018 and assuming there will not be a holiday boost in 2024, I believe we are looking at 2.5 million for Switch this year. Still good considering it's age. PS5 looks to be trending in the 2 million range.

Yeah even without the Switch 2, it'll be destroyed in the holiday season compared to 2018. I'm leaning in that range too.

I wonder what its impact is going to be when it's revealed, though.

If it's backward compatible with all Switch 1 games, I think people will wait for it instead of getting a Switch 1. Unless there's a price cut.

Big drops for Granblue and Persona.
Hardware rising without any new releases is curious, wonder if there were any deals on to cause it, or if it's just statistical noise.
Now that unmet demand has cooled, PS5 seems to back to a similar baseline to PS3/4 in their heyday.

Around the Network
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

If it's backward compatible with all Switch 1 games, I think people will wait for it instead of getting a Switch 1. Unless there's a price cut.

A Switch 2 for $400 would be extremely good value vs. the Switch, that's for sure.

I don't think it would be much more expensive than that, Nintendo knows what happened when they released the 3DS for $250.

jvmkdg said:

How many units do you think the PS5 will sell this year in Japan?

I'd say 2.1M - 2.2M without PS5 Pro and 2.4M - 2.5M with PS5 Pro releasing at the end of 2024. In both scenarios PS5 should fall behind last year's numbers.

Last edited by siebensus4 - on 15 February 2024

Top 30 software now up. As usual, most of 11-30 are Switch evergreens. Helldivers II does make an appearance though.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish