By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Creator of God of War hating current take on Kratos.

Agree with David Jaffe?

Yes 2 5.41%

No 11 29.73%

Hell No 20 54.05%

Dunno 4 10.81%

Total:37

The exact opposite is true for me. Current Kratos was a great choice.

Around the Network

David Jaffe is a has-been, he's had no success in the video game industry for almost 20 years. I don't think the opinions from the mind behind Drawn to Death should be valued by anybody.

twintail said:
JackHandy said:

When you create something, it's sort of like a child. And it's never pleasant to watch something you created in the hands of other people, being twisted this way and that. Even if it turns out all right, it's not what you created, and it's not how you would have handled it, so I can understand the frustration. I suppose the lesson here is, if you create something, make sure you don't sign away control of it.

Nah, I think this dude is just upset that that a character and game which he was only associated with for 2 entries, has been markedly improved and better received by actions he had no hand in.

aka, just upset that he isn't getting credit for the popularity of GoW and Kratos as it is right now.

Funny thing is it was Jaffe who suggested Norse mythology for the next GoW game after GoW3 he and Cory were on a show together and were asked about where Gow should go next Cory wasn't sure but Jaffe immediately pushed for Norse mythology and it seems like Cory took note.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 16 February 2024

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

KLAMarine said:

As for Kratos, I prefer the original Kratos over the beard Kratos. I guess I enjoy meat heads just beating the crap out of each other because f*** you, that's why!

Nothing beats the original.  Especially the first cutsecen in God of War! 

BiON!@ 

I think he's just pissed that GoW is now much deeper in every way and as a result, more popular than ever.
Things need to evolve sometimes and this is a good example.

Around the Network

I find the new games boring and it annoys me that most people love them. The game world feels dull and artificial unlike the ancient Greece. I don't care about Kratos but about the art style, the level design, the atmosphere and such. The new games almost put me to sleep. I don't understand how anyone can like running through artificial corridors and strange platforms that is supposed to be Scandinavia? And to have no jumping and platforming in a GoW game?

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Can't say I agree with Mr. Jaffe.

I played a bit of one of the PS2 God of War games back and I couldn't really get into it. The PS4 God of War, meanwhile, is definitely among my Top 10 games of the past decade, and probably the best first-party Sony game I've ever played. Considering it was by far the best-selling entry in the series with at least 23 million copies sold, I think general audiences were sold on it as well.

Also, Metroid Dread was great.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

In some way, yes - but that would then be true since God of War 2, not just the last game.

Kratos' story in the first God of War is one that changes him profoundly - but all that build-up for his character development and heel realization got thrown out of the window to make the sequels, making the first game from a story and character development point of view absolutely pointless. Kratos at the end of the first game was a thoroughly broken man, both physically and mentally, having realized what he's done; but none of this shows up or even gets mentioned in the sequels.

I don't care for either old or new GoW, but I understand his frustration - it is hard to see something you created get twisted and turned to be barely recognizable compared to the original.