By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Creator of God of War hating current take on Kratos.

Agree with David Jaffe?

Yes 2 5.41%

No 11 29.73%

Hell No 20 54.05%

Dunno 4 10.81%

Total:37

I will say that I agree that a character doesn't have to change drastically to avoid becoming boring. His James Bond example is a good illustration of what I'm getting at. It kinda reminds me of that He-Man Christmas special where Skeletor saves the children at the end and then feels confused about it. That's because that is not how Skeletor is supposed to act. But fortunately, Skeletor was back to his usual villainous antics the next time we saw him.

Long story short, I prefer the old God of War games.

Around the Network
JackHandy said:

When you create something, it's sort of like a child. And it's never pleasant to watch something you created in the hands of other people, being twisted this way and that. Even if it turns out all right, it's not what you created, and it's not how you would have handled it, so I can understand the frustration. I suppose the lesson here is, if you create something, make sure you don't sign away control of it.

Nah, I think this dude is just upset that that a character and game which he was only associated with for 2 entries, has been markedly improved and better received by actions he had no hand in.

aka, just upset that he isn't getting credit for the popularity of GoW and Kratos as it is right now.

I don’t know about this guy but I know I liked God of War III a lot and didn’t like God of War 2018 so there’s that. Probably had more to do with the gameplay than the character though because that was always a whatevs anyway. I just wanted to punch stuff and break things in GoW.

God of War was getting old and stagnant, especially with Ascension. God of War now has new life, the reinventing of GoW was handled beautifully.

I dont hate hate kratos now but hate the little shit that follows him. Ellie was a cool kid he is just annoying as fuck imo.
I just hope this franshise fucking ends, imagine naughty dog stuck with jack and dexter forever. People love it but imo this franshise does not appeal to me anymore.

Around the Network

I love the new God of War games. I also love the old God of War games. I like the new Kratos much more than the old Kratos though.

I think greek Kratos was more than what people give him credit for. He was not just a monster. He was always a complex and compelling character. And actually in a way that would be more difficult today to make. A daring take on an anti hero. Now he is way more safe and has barely an edge to him. That is cool too. He should change. But goody two shoes Kratos does not hit like the vengefull bastard he was.
Also, his defining character trait in the norse games is to protect Atreus. So I am very curious to see what comes next for the character.

Who cares what this dude thinks?

twintail said:
JackHandy said:

When you create something, it's sort of like a child. And it's never pleasant to watch something you created in the hands of other people, being twisted this way and that. Even if it turns out all right, it's not what you created, and it's not how you would have handled it, so I can understand the frustration. I suppose the lesson here is, if you create something, make sure you don't sign away control of it.

Nah, I think this dude is just upset that that a character and game which he was only associated with for 2 entries, has been markedly improved and better received by actions he had no hand in.

aka, just upset that he isn't getting credit for the popularity of GoW and Kratos as it is right now.

That could very well be true, but we aren't inside his mind, so I'm not willing to go there. I try not to speculate negatively on a person's motivations and give them the benefit of the doubt first 

Wrong thread, disregard