By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Creator of God of War hating current take on Kratos.

Agree with David Jaffe?

Yes 2 5.41%

No 11 29.73%

Hell No 20 54.05%

Dunno 4 10.81%

Total:37

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=--7f4R0PtQo&pp=ygUWZGF2aWQgamFmZmUgZ29kIG9mIHdhcg%3D%3D

David Jaffe sharing his opinion with the latest gow games,

I just don't agree with him.

Do u guyz think he is right!?

Around the Network

Is this not the guy who complained about metroid dread? This guy has been washed up for a long time and for whatever reason became pro Microsoft. He is full of shit and nobody should pay any attention to him.

The whole franchise can go in the dumpster for all I care.

That said David a dumbfuck about anything anyway.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Random_Matt said:

Is this not the guy who complained about metroid dread? This guy has been washed up for a long time and for whatever reason became pro Microsoft. He is full of shit and nobody should pay any attention to him.

Unfortunately, it is the same guy. 

I got sick of old Kratos because he was just angry all the time. That was his entire thing. I like that they gave him more character in the new games.

Around the Network

Well, the current take on Kratos is much more successful than what Jaffe has done (be it God of War or anything else), and Jaffe isn't a particularly reasonable guy, so it would be surprising if he were acting rational about this.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

David is a dumbass who has been going on nonsensical rants for the past few years and the only reason we still acknowledge this guy is because he made the OG God of War 20 years ago

He makes some valid points but I think it's very difficult for creative people not to put something of themselves in the characters they create. I'm not yet tired of the "bearded dad travels with kid" trope but I can see how some people might be.

Personally? I was done with GoW after the end of GoW 3. I know a lot people love the new games but I'm just done with the character and his story is ended, at least for me.

All I can say is that I was never interested in the old games on PS2 and PS3, and then was interested in the 4th game for PS4 and loved it. He has a point that you shouldn't fundamentally change characters when you can just create a new character, but it's also kind of silly to think that Kratos wouldn't change at all, because like 150 years have passed between GoW 3 and GoW 2018, people are going to change over such a time gap, Kratos managed to let go of some of that rage he had in the original trilogy and he found love with Faye and became a father (having kids changes you, that is a fact). 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 09 February 2024

.....this is what fatherhood does to a man (half-man).

Maybe he should accidently kill Atreus to revert back to his old self? lol