By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Creator of God of War hating current take on Kratos.

Agree with David Jaffe?

Yes 2 5.41%

No 11 29.73%

Hell No 20 54.05%

Dunno 4 10.81%

Total:37

I only played GOW3 when it comes to the old style and i found it to be a forgettable game. GOW 2018 gameplay was so much better for me, some of the best combat ever in gaming, and i the story was alright. GOW ragnorak wasn't as good as 2018 although the story was better but i did feel like they made kratos too soft and the levels were way too big for that kinda level designl and traversal.

Around the Network

What was the last good thing David Jaffe made anyway?

Kratos progression as a character makes sense. The ending of GOW3 pretty much implies a big change in his character for the future. Dude Is just stuck in the past. As are some fans.

He also hated on Zelda, Metroid and "defended" Aloy when "people" said she was fat. He only likes the attention from the take culture.
He played 2018 GOW a couple of years ago and said Cory did a great job with Kratos development. What changed? The numbers in his videos from people who expect him to hate something that changed, even Cory tweeted a "it's useless to say something" gif. It's kind of sad actually.

Um time does change people it seems

BiON!@ 

When you create something, it's sort of like a child. And it's never pleasant to watch something you created in the hands of other people, being twisted this way and that. Even if it turns out all right, it's not what you created, and it's not how you would have handled it, so I can understand the frustration. I suppose the lesson here is, if you create something, make sure you don't sign away control of it.

Around the Network

Old Kratos never appealed to me (never played any gown game other than 2018 but saw enough from the older ones). Just a rage dude trying to take everything down.

gow 2018 turned him into Teal'c. Not just the VA, but the character's relationship with his son reminds me of Teal'c's relationship with his son Rya'c, and his personality feels like Teal'c's (tough guy, not seeking out enemies but willing to engage with them when necessary, not power-mad, liking solitude more, living humbly rather than obtaining great possessions, not sleeping around, etc.).

I love all things Stargate, so making the main guy like Teal'c was a way that hooked me into the series.

Last edited by Dulfite - on 10 February 2024

Dulfite said:

Old Kratos never appealed to me (never played any gown game other than 2018 but saw enough from the older ones). Just a rage dude trying to take everything down.

gow 2018 turned him into Teal'c. Not just the VA, but the character's relationship with his son reminds me of Teal'c's relationship with his son Rya'c, and his personality feels like Teal'c's (tough guy, not seeking out enemies but willing to engage with them when necessary, not power-mad, liking solitude more, living humbly rather than obtaining great possessions, not sleeping around, etc.

I love all things Stargate, so making the main guy like Teal'c was a way that hooked me into the series.

Same, casting Judge as Kratos was ultimately what lead to me playing the game, because I'm a big Stargate fan. And I agree, they definitely made him very Teal'c like, which worked out perfectly for their casting choice. 

I didn't like the direction they took Ragnarok for the story and characters in general. In so much they completely changed the character.. The story just felt just decent if way less impactful altogether and perhaps a little sappy and cliche. I guess Cory was directing another game at the time affected that a lot. 2018 was more than decent though. One of my favorite games of all time.

*shrugs* guy's entitled to his opinion...

As for Kratos, I prefer the original Kratos over the beard Kratos. I guess I enjoy meat heads just beating the crap out of each other because f*** you, that's why!