By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect presents: Their 1086 Greatest Games, as of 2023

Well it's here at long last, hope y'all enjoy the results!

I apologize for the long delay, this has been a surprisingly busy January, I only really found the time to compile everyone's lists last week, and just as I thought I'd be posting the results after the last weekend, life threw another twist my way - let's just say I haven't been home since then, which obviously complicates things a lot. I've even gotten sick, too, and have been battling through it to get these results out, I... don't feel good right now. But don't worry about old me, I'll take good care of myself now. Anyhow, being away also meant I had no access to my computer's files, meaning some of the images I used in the thread are placeholders. I'll try to get them looking nicer when I get back home, but figured the results didn't need to wait until then.

Anyhow, that's enough of my excuses. The thread is open now, so, have a good time and a happy 2024 everyone!!

Around the Network

Great work once again mZuzek! At first I was stunned Resident Evil 4 had dropped so low (#58) but then I realized it was the Remake and the original was still Top 20 (although I'm guessing the remake did split the vote a bit because I remember it being higher).

Signature goes here!

Tagging so I don't forget to read through the thread later.

Thanks for all the work you put into hosting this for another year mZuzek!

I was so tempted to post last night when I saw you rapid posting and asking no one to post, I'm glad I didn't. I thought maybe you had flipped your wig and then it dawned on me what you were up to. That's a bunch of info to have to sort out. Excellent job!

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

That looks like a VGChartz list alright.

Around the Network

Man 6 first titles are Nintendo titles with number 1 being BotW...

...a lot of people are going to be really angry with this and try to find flaws with how the list is put togheter.

It's here! It's here!

Wow bit of a shakeup this year. Great to see games like FF7, Skyrim and particularly Persona 5 making the top 10. TotK is lower than I expected, but it could jump in rank in its second year after more people have played it, like Elden Ring did.

Tragically no Tales of Symphonia in the top 100 this year though I did expect that.

Also noticed my one vote for Black Mesa was enough to put it in the top 50 games of the decade, wooo!

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Spindel said:

Man 6 first titles are Nintendo titles with number 1 being BotW...

...a lot of people are going to be really angry with this and try to find flaws with how the list is put togheter.

As always, but this is actually a big departure from previous years with 4 non-Nintendo games in the top 10 (albeit it's more of a top 12 because of the triple tie at #10). I was pretty surprised with Persona 5 and Elden Ring making such a big jump up the list, and even Skyrim which hadn't ranked in the top 10 in a long time.

This list is surprising in many ways...to say the least.

I'm happy to see Elden Ring is in the top 10 and also Skyrim. I can't help but to wonder what in particular gave Skyrim such a boost. I remember it being quite a bit lower last year.

Also there are certain games that didn't even make the top 100 that I was expecting.

I'll do some stats comparing to my own list like last year:

- 28 games from my list made it into the combined top 100

- 4 games from my top 10 made it into the top 100, 1 less than last year

- A whopping 7 games from the combined top 10 were included somewhere in my list! (it helps that there are actually 12 games in the top 10 due to a tie, lol).

- For the third year in a row there's exactly one overlap between my top 10 and the combined one, but this time it's Persona 5 (my #6) rather than Breath of the Wild (which fell just outside my top 10)

- Of the top 100 games I've played 91 of them (up from 86 last year). The change is mostly since I finally tried out some Halo and Mega Man games.

- 6 games were "unique" to my list this time:

• Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (#40)
  • The Talos Principle (#39)
  • Tales of Xillia 2 (#30)
  • OMORI (#20)
  • Black Mesa (#10)
  • Doki Doki Literature Club (#7)

- And since I thought it would be fun to look for Nier: Automata seems to be the game I have closest to the combined list (I have it at #33, combined it's #31)

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat