By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Biden vs Trump 2024 Political Platforms, Policies and Issues

Just figured out something.
If trump wins he cannot do anything because both houses will have disagrements over everything. Same thing with Biden.

BiON!@ 

Around the Network

Both Biden and Trump are incoherent. Likely either will have people around them making impactful decisions. One will put seasoned leaders in key roles. The other will put  unqualified family members and criminals. Which seems 🤔 the safest route?

I think it's really funny. I'm convinced Trump will win against Biden this time. I think both candidates aren't a good choice. They are both even too old to be electable as the next pope of the catholic church. But since the US never turned into a real democracy and the minority can rule over the majority even losing the popular vote, but winning the electoral vote. The system had been designed to fail from the start. It happened 2016 and might happen again 2024. But it might be the last real election in the U.S for a long time if Trump wins.

Teno said:

I think it's really funny. I'm convinced Trump will win against Biden this time. I think both candidates aren't a good choice. They are both even too old to be electable as the next pope of the catholic church. But since the US never turned into a real democracy and the minority can rule over the majority even losing the popular vote, but winning the electoral vote. The system had been designed to fail from the start. It happened 2016 and might happen again 2024. But it might be the last real election in the U.S for a long time if Trump wins.

People are simple.  If the stock market stays high, I think Biden cruises to a victory.  

Everyone should vote Cornel West. I cannot currently see any other candidate, which can be supported while keeping a clear conscience.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

Everyone should vote Cornel West. I cannot currently see any other candidate, which can be supported while keeping a clear conscience.

May I ask that you provide a post with Cornel West's Political Platform like we see for the 1st post on page 1. I would much appreciate that. Thx :)

I will update the post as well, given that Biden added a couple of things during The State of the Union, and Trump has Agenda 47 and Project 2025 (still gotta read those too).
I'll have to also make a post with RFK Jr. and Jill Stein (hmmm, maybe I'll just put all 5 of them on a new post).

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

hellobion2 said:

Just figured out something.
If trump wins he cannot do anything because both houses will have disagrements over everything. Same thing with Biden.

That's an oversimplification. Recent presidents alone can accomplish quite a bit without Congress. W. Bush, Obama, Trump, and Biden all have Executive Orders and other powers within the Executive Branch that have been implemented without Congress.

Even someone like Bernie Sanders (who politically would be around a social democrat and probably the most left-wing US president in history by a notable margin) would still be able to do some things here and there with executive powers if elected to the presidency. 

Project 2025 is a collection of policy proposals by The Heritage Foundation and other conservative groups, and I guarantee some of it can be implemented without Congress.

I don't know what Joe Biden will do if he gets a second term. Even a second Donald Trump term has a lot of speculation involved, but it seems far more obvious what he wants. He's very salty about the 2020 election and other things. I see the Donald going scorched-earth in a second term. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Mnementh said:

Nah, I don’t think people should pick someone for president just because they say things they agree with but rather who can actually get meaningful things done.

Could Cornell West have brokered deals with Congress to pass things like the American Rescue Plan, Infrastructure Bill, CHIPS & Science Act, Safer Communities Act, Pact Act, Inflation Reduction Act, along with judicial & cabinet appointments?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Mnementh said:

Nah, I don’t think people should pick someone for president just because they say things they agree with but rather who can actually get meaningful things done.

Could Cornell West have brokered deals with Congress to pass things like the American Rescue Plan, Infrastructure Bill, CHIPS & Science Act, Safer Communities Act, Pact Act, Inflation Reduction Act, along with judicial & cabinet appointments?

Why do you assume he couldn't? If you ask for prior experience doing it, you effectively restrict politics to career politicians. But politics is about stuff that effects everyone, so it shouldn't be easily left to the career politicians. And the old and experienced politicians have created all the messes, why do you think they are best suited to fixing them?

The reality is, that the US is still very bad in adressing income inequality, health care cost, drug addiction, education, child support and climate change. All these brokered deals have not solved these problems. So why do you think this is the right way going forward? Because it didn't work so far we try the same some more? Sounds like the perfect plan for downfall.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Shtinamin_ said:
Mnementh said:

May I ask that you provide a post with Cornel West's Political Platform like we see for the 1st post on page 1. I would much appreciate that. Thx :)

I will update the post as well, given that Biden added a couple of things during The State of the Union, and Trump has Agenda 47 and Project 2025 (still gotta read those too).
I'll have to also make a post with RFK Jr. and Jill Stein (hmmm, maybe I'll just put all 5 of them on a new post).

Details of his platform are here: https://www.cornelwest2024.com/platform