By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Biden vs Trump 2024 Political Platforms, Policies and Issues

Well now everyone is obsessing about joes memory

BiON!@ 

Around the Network
Shtinamin_ said:
Chrkeller said:

Republicans have lost their sanity.  I do not understand what happened to the party. 

When did FOX news become conservative?

CNN is conservative by European standards.  Fox News is American conservative, maybe not quite as outrageous as the conspiracy theory conservative nuts since Tucker got kicked to the curb.

hellobion2 said:

Which is stupid because it’s very easy to find numerous examples of Trump doing the exact same thing in just the last couple weeks. Or the fact that literally everybody does that exact same thing.

I’m 32 with no speech or learning disorders and frequently I call my children by the wrong name or stop mid-sentence and say umm while I think of a specific word or how I want to phrase things or have brain farts where I can’t think of answers to very basic things.

Anybody who claims these things don’t happen to them is a liar.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

curl-6 said:
Zippy6 said:

NSMB Wii had a staggered launch. Nov 15 in USA, Nov 20 in EU and Dec 3 in Japan. So slightly less than a month in USA, a month in EU and 2 weeks more than a month advantage in Japan for Wonder.

The sales are good, it's just not anything like the boost other series have enjoyed on Switch. While a lot of Series have had their best selling title on the Switch (Zelda, AC, 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Mario Party) it doesn't look like Wonder will compete with NSMB Wii/DS LTD figures to me.

Saying a title with 10m+ sales in a little over 2 months underperformed doesn't sit right. But I understand saying it didn't quite reach as high as they had expected/hoped.

For those that remember Tbone and his "bold predictions". He predicted 20m shipped first quarter. I don't know if we had a prediction thread on this site but Installbase users for example greatly overestimated Mario Wonder.

On the flipside of those predictions though were all the equally off-base claims that it underperformed as soon as the charts rolled in.

It had been 11 years since the last time a new 2D Mario came out, people simply forgot that they sell through long legs rather than huge openings.

zorg1000 said:
hellobion2 said:

Which is stupid because it’s very easy to find numerous examples of Trump doing the exact same thing in just the last couple weeks. Or the fact that literally everybody does that exact same thing.

I’m 32 with no speech or learning disorders and frequently I call my children by the wrong name or stop mid-sentence and say umm while I think of a specific word or how I want to phrase things or have brain farts where I can’t think of answers to very basic things.

I'll admit that anyone can get someone's name wrong or can't find the exact words they're reaching for on occasion, but with Biden it's a whole other thing.

You shouldn't be relieved that a President made it to the end of an interview without making a gaff or seeming temporarily disoriented & this is exactly how I feel when listening to Biden... 

A politician should first & foremost be a good communicator (imo) & at this point I'd say Biden is probably worse than the average person on the street, which is a really sad state of affairs.

Poll after poll show people have an issue with his age & I think this is mostly due to his apparent mental decline. If he was able to communicate clearly, confidently & concisely I don't think his age would be anywhere near as significant a factor.

I think he & his team knew this 4 years ago, hence them promising a single term, which they've obvs u-turned on.

I listened to Marianne Williamson for 90 mins, and Gavin Newsom for 10 on Bill Maher & my God what a difference. The latter was in front of an audience and received numerous unprompted rounds of applause, as opposed to Biden who now relies on pity claps/laughs much of the time. Both MW & GN were both just so much more lucid, present & nimble.

I detest Trump & agree that he makes his own share of gaffs but he at least has the charisma to whip a crowd up & generate energy. Biden sucks any energy out of the room & replaces it with anxiety & honestly, pity.

If Biden dropped dead tomorrow I think exactly zero people would be particularly surprised. The democratic party are gaslighting the US public by pretending that the emperor has clothes on. It's really a horrible reflection on how the DNC operate.

I pray that Biden wins but if he doesn't it won't exactly take a political think tank to figure out what went wrong & that's what's so frustrating about the whole thing. It's like deliberately stepping on a rake over & over... 

Biggerboat1 said:

zorg1000 said:

I'll admit that anyone can get someone's name wrong or can't find the exact words they're reaching for on occasion, but with Biden it's a whole other thing.

You shouldn't be relieved that a President made it to the end of an interview without making a gaff or seeming temporarily disoriented & this is exactly how I feel when listening to Biden... 

A politician should first & foremost be a good communicator (imo) & at this point I'd say Biden is probably worse than the average person on the street, which is a really sad state of affairs.

Poll after poll show people have an issue with his age & I think this is mostly due to his apparent mental decline. If he was able to communicate clearly, confidently & concisely I don't think his age would be anywhere near as significant a factor.

I think he & his team knew this 4 years ago, hence them promising a single term, which they've obvs u-turned on.

I listened to Marianne Williamson for 90 mins, and Gavin Newsom for 10 on Bill Maher & my God what a difference. The latter was in front of an audience and received numerous unprompted rounds of applause, as opposed to Biden who now relies on pity claps/laughs much of the time. Both MW & GN were both just so much more lucid, present & nimble.

I detest Trump & agree that he makes his own share of gaffs but he at least has the charisma to whip a crowd up & generate energy. Biden sucks any energy out of the room & replaces it with anxiety & honestly, pity.

If Biden dropped dead tomorrow I think exactly zero people would be particularly surprised. The democratic party are gaslighting the US public by pretending that the emperor has clothes on. It's really a horrible reflection on how the DNC operate.

I pray that Biden wins but if he doesn't it won't exactly take a political think tank to figure out what went wrong & that's what's so frustrating about the whole thing. It's like deliberately stepping on a rake over & over... 

I agree that Biden certainly doesn’t inspire tons of enthusiasm just like I’m sure most 80+ year old people don’t but I’ve heard plenty of interviews/speeches where he sounds fine so is he experiencing mental decline or is he just an old guy with a stutter? That’s a very important distinction.

I think people focus on his age so much because how much the GOP makes up shit about him being senile (they did this in the 2020 election as well) and the media needs something to talk about, with Trump they had controversy after controversy and Biden is the boring, old guy so they need something to generate engagement and turn things into a horse race. Because of these things, there is so much focus on his mental state that every little slip up gets hyper focused on and is a form of confirmation bias.

I know you’re not defending Trump but there is such a double standard between the two. Trump can go on a rant saying the most nonsense shit, things that are flat out wrong or make no sense and jump from one topic to the next in a completely incoherent mess while saying words incorrectly or saying the wrong names/years/locations and he doesn’t get a fraction of the accusations about being in mental decline because he’s yelling and high energy while Joe is senile when he has a coherent message with a few flubs because he talks slow, quiet, boring and has a stutter.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Biggerboat1 said:

zorg1000 said:

I agree that Biden certainly doesn’t inspire tons of enthusiasm just like I’m sure most 80+ year old people don’t but I’ve heard plenty of interviews/speeches where he sounds fine so is he experiencing mental decline or is he just an old guy with a stutter? That’s a very important distinction.

I think people focus on his age so much because how much the GOP makes up shit about him being senile (they did this in the 2020 election as well) and the media needs something to talk about, with Trump they had controversy after controversy and Biden is the boring, old guy so they need something to generate engagement and turn things into a horse race. Because of these things, there is so much focus on his mental state that every little slip up gets hyper focused on and is a form of confirmation bias.

I know you’re not defending Trump but there is such a double standard between the two. Trump can go on a rant saying the most nonsense shit, things that are flat out wrong or make no sense and jump from one topic to the next in a completely incoherent mess while saying words incorrectly or saying the wrong names/years/locations and he doesn’t get a fraction of the accusations about being in mental decline because he’s yelling and high energy while Joe is senile when he has a coherent message with a few flubs because he talks slow, quiet, boring and has a stutter.

I think a slow, quiet, boring old guy with a stutter is a bad enough pic for president tbh, but I personally see some of these moments he's having as some sort of mental decline, whether that be a natural diminishing of faculties or an actual diagnosable condition, I have no idea.

A special council report re. the improperly stored documents investigation, describes him as an"elderly man with a poor memory"...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68245617

There's definitely some fire behind the smoke imo.

As for Trump supporters and the double standards, I have no idea how to assess those folks, DT does talk nonsense half the time but I'd say that doesn't even make the top 5 attributes that make him unsuitable for office.

Dem voters are on the whole sane though, & I think the desire for a more credible candidate is legit & it's a crying shame that this is where US politics inside baseball has gotten.

Biggerboat1 said:
zorg1000 said:

I think a slow, quiet, boring old guy with a stutter is a bad enough pic for president tbh, but I personally see some of these moments he's having as some sort of mental decline, whether that be a natural diminishing of faculties or an actual diagnosable condition, I have no idea.

A special council report re. the improperly stored documents investigation, describes him as an"elderly man with a poor memory"...

As for Trump supporters and the double standards, I have no idea how to assess those folks, DT does talk nonsense half the time but I'd say that doesn't even make the top 5 attributes that make him unsuitable for office.

Dem voters are on the whole sane though, & I think the desire for a more credible candidate is legit & it's a crying shame that this is where US politics inside baseball has gotten.

I guess my thing is, I would find these concerns about his age/mental state to be more valid if he wasn’t going up against a guy almost his age and arguably in a worse mental state. Like if the GOP nominee ended up being DeSantis or Haley who are in their 40s/50s then the arguments saying he’s too old would hold some weight but that’s not the case, it’s a battle between a guy in his early 80s and a guy in his late 70s.

Age is really the only thing the GOP can try to hammer him on in regards to winning independents/moderates that has stuck since their typical talking points like economy, crime & the border are hard to attack him on. Economy-GDP growth, stock market growth, low unemployment and falling inflation, Crime-violent crime decreased in 2023 and is on track to return to pre-Covid/George Floyd protest numbers, Border-they lost this talking point with their recent shenanigans that killed the border security bill that they negotiated. Other issues like abortion are clearly a losing fight for Republicans and attacks on Hunter Biden are only relevant to the MAGA base. The situation in Gaza is obviously a major and valid criticism but that’s more of an issue in regards to people on the left, Republicans in general are even more pro-Israel so they aren’t winning people over on that front either.

Basically his age/mental state is GOP propaganda and is the only thing that has really stuck as a concern with independents/moderates and the media loves a horse race so they are glad to signal boost this message and the more that people here about this issue, the more they will fixate on it and overreact to every slip up or gaffe.

zorg1000 said:
Biggerboat1 said:

I guess my thing is, I would find these concerns about his age/mental state to be more valid if he wasn’t going up against a guy almost his age and arguably in a worse mental state. Like if the GOP nominee ended up being DeSantis or Haley who are in their 40s/50s then the arguments saying he’s too old would hold some weight but that’s not the case, it’s a battle between a guy in his early 80s and a guy in his late 70s.

Age is really the only thing the GOP can try to hammer him on in regards to winning independents/moderates that has stuck since their typical talking points like economy, crime & the border are hard to attack him on. Economy-GDP growth, stock market growth, low unemployment and falling inflation, Crime-violent crime decreased in 2023 and is on track to return to pre-Covid/George Floyd protest numbers, Border-they lost this talking point with their recent shenanigans that killed the border security bill that they negotiated. Other issues like abortion are clearly a losing fight for Republicans and attacks on Hunter Biden are only relevant to the MAGA base. The situation in Gaza is obviously a major and valid criticism but that’s more of an issue in regards to people on the left, Republicans in general are even more pro-Israel so they aren’t winning people over on that front either.

Basically his age/mental state is GOP propaganda and is the only thing that has really stuck as a concern with independents/moderates and the media loves a horse race so they are glad to signal boost this message and the more that people here about this issue, the more they will fixate on it and overreact to every slip up or gaffe.

I guess that would require Republicans to abide by something approaching good faith though, which is almost non-existent on that side of the aisle. When Trump spouts nonsense it's either brushed off or interpreted as some kind of 4D chess that we'll one day be ordained with the ability to understand. As far as I can see all that DT needs to do to remain King Cult-leader is trigger the libs & maintain his stance of ultra-victimisation. Nothing else really matters - it's very much asymmetric warfare.

The Republican party had no choice but to have Trump as their nominee - they certainly tried to dislodge him, we can see where that got them.

The Democratic party on the other hand pulled out every trick in the book to retain Biden. Various states played super dirty and havent even allowed the other candidates on the ballot. And the corporate media have all but invisibilized his rivals.

There's of course a reason why the only people running for Democrat nominee were outsiders or low-profile & that's because the DNC made their marching orders very clear.

Had the parties top prospects ran in the primary, and been given a fair shake in the media, I think we'd be looking at a completely different race.

I realise it's tradition to not challenge an incumbent, but if ever there was a time to do it, it was now.

There's a consensus in the polls that a generic democrat would steamroll Trump & that a generic Republican would in turn steamroll Biden. The difference is that at least the RNC allowed a genuine competition.

The Dems are running first and foremost on protecting democracy, yet their behaviour over the last year has been straight-up authoritarian.

The whole thing feels like an all-time own-goal. Again, if Biden loses there will be exactly zero mystery as to why.

Finally, if I was to hear Biden for the first time now, without any awareness of the media fixation on his age, I'd still think that he was too long in the tooth and had the charisma & magnetism of a stale cracker.

330 million people and these two are supposedly the two best candidates these two parties can field for the office of the president ... lol. Embarrassing.

Psalms 137:9 "Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks."
Pro Life!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.