By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Palworld has sold over 5 million copies in just 3 days

Do we have a regional breakdown of the sales?
My bet is that Brazil is on top or at least in the top 3.

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
160rmf said:

Do we have a regional breakdown of the sales?
My bet is that Brazil is on top or at least in the top 3.

We do:

Source: What Palworld's success tells us about 2024's game biz

Eh, I thought we would see something unusual, guess is just my bubble that has been talking about this game 24/7. Brazil is just that tiny in gaming space despite its huge territory 

Last edited by 160rmf - on 25 January 2024

We reap what we sow

Darwinianevolution said:

This doesn't look like they are going for blood. This is more like they need to say "We know Palworld exists, we're looking into it, please stop spamming us".

I hope they do nothing. They have no ground to stand on this, and it will only look like they are bullying their competition once it becomes big enough to actually be competition.

I was joking but I think the response is also in regards to the Pokemon mod that got struck down by Nintendo the other day.

The only thing this whole thing is making me learn is that however derivative a game might be or even on the limit of copyright/IP infringment,

1) Open World craft/survival game on early access are popular despite their unfinished state.

2) The first statement is even more popular if linked even if indirectly with a popular IP.

3) China is gonna be the biggest market for this game and his probably why the concurrent number of players record could be beat during the middle of night.

Edit :

Although this is coincidental most probably, one of the popular streamers I watch is literally playing an Ark like with most similar gameplay mechanics that PalWorld adheres to. Guess what ? It just released yesterday and it's already doing good numbers on Twitch (and Steam most probably). The game's name is Enshrouded. It's also early access of course. Prepare yourselves to see a shit ton of those to nauseum in the coming years hehehe.

Last edited by Mar1217 - on 25 January 2024

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

The game is starting to remind me more of a combination between dragon quest and battlefield.

BiON!@ 

Behold: humor

Edit: God dammit I forgot that the mobile version of this site is complete garbage. Here is the image I intended to share.

Last edited by Jules98 - on 26 January 2024

Once this game is finished, it will probably outsell Pokemon Scarlet/Violet.

And it wouldn't be a surprise if it reviews better too.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Once this game is finished, it will probably outsell Pokemon Scarlet/Violet.

And it wouldn't be a surprise if it reviews better too.

If it ever gets finished. Their previous games are still in Early Access years after release so don't expect them to have a competent schedule to finish the game. 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Do you think Palworld might break 20 million units by march?

BiON!@