By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - List of Games You've Beaten 2024

Just Finished: Back 4 Blood (PS5)

So many of the co-op games I play involve shooting zombies. This is another one. It served its purpose. The story and lore are pretty bland and did not really pique my interest. Some of the banter between characters can be amusing. The gameplay is pretty straightforward in regards to shooting mechanics. The controls are pretty much identical to COD. The graphics are nice enough. The levels seemed designed to take you through as many different novel locales as the developers could think of from sports arenas, to boats, to prisons, and everything in between. Most of the enemies are just bullet fodder. I never understood the card system and how to use it effectively. All I know is that it would impact some random elements of the gameplay sometimes annoyingly so. I played the co-op with just one other person, the AI filled in for the last two players. That worked smoothly enough. The game did not wow me but it provided an appropriate vehicle for me and my buddy to continue bonding over online co-op. I bought the Ultimate Edition at a discount so I got play through all the DLC episodes as well. Spent 15 hours with the game it total. That was enough. I won't be Back 4 More anytime soon.

Score: 7/10

Full Completed 2024 List:

• Back 4 Blood (PS5)
Last edited by Signalstar - on 18 February 2024

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

I've started off strong so far.
Got a PS5 because we had a freeze happen in Texas before the school semester started so I wanted to utilize that time well. I got Final Fantasy 16 and loved it, definitely had some gripes with it though.
I got the PS5 in anticipation of a few other titles, Granblue Fantasy Relink which I also completed, FF7Rebirth and Lost Soul Aside.

Games I have beaten:
Final Fantasy 16
Granblue Fantasy Relink
The Pathless (Switch)

My plan this year is to only purchase games I know I am wanting to play immediately and beat, this will also help me save funds for Nintendo's next console and myriad of games that will come with it.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Update as of February 17th 2024.

Beaten so far in 2024
-Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PC) - 39 hours and 85 out of 100 Rating
-Final Fantasy VI (PC) - 56 hours and 97 out of 100 Rating
-Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster (NS) - 26 hours and 96 out of 100 Rating

Currently Playing

Planned to play in the future
-Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (PS5)
-Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (PS4/PS5)
-Persona 3 Portable (NS)
-The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (NS)
-Final Fantasy XVI (PS5)
-Grand Theft Auto V (PS5)
-Soulcalibur II HD (Xbox 360)
-Gears of War 2 (Xbox 360)
-River City Girls (Steam)
-Dragon Quest I (NS)
-Kirby's Dream Course (NSO)
-Tekken 2 (PS4/PS5)
-King of Fighters Orochi Saga (PS4/PS5)
-Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate (Xbox)
-Disgaea 2 PC (Steam)

Other stats

Last edited by BasilZero - on 17 February 2024

Two new games to add this time.

Finished Games:

1. Odin Sphere Leifthasir (PS4) My Rating: 8.5 / 10
    • I'd had this game waiting on my back log for ages, and I finally decided to give it a go. Turns out that Odin's Sphere is a great game. The gameplay is fun, and thanks to the five different playable characters, nicely varied as well. The music is great, and the visuals are gorgeous. The story is overall great, but because of the way the game tells it, focusing on one character at a time even though all of their stories take place at the same time, it means that you only get the full picture of what is going on after finishing all five characters stories. As a result, especially with the first few characters, you can end up feeling a bit lost at times. Still, this was a great way to start the year off.
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS5) My Rating: 9.0 / 10
    • Just decided to replay the Remake in preparation for Rebirth. Also played through the Yuffie DLC for the first. Still love the game, the only notable issue I have is the Sephiroth fight at the end. I think they should've saved it for later. Otherwise the game is excellent, even better than I previously thought.
  3. Trine 5: A Clockwork Conspiracy (PS5) My Rating: 8.5 / 10
    • I've always been a big fan of the Trine games, in particular when playing them in co-op, and Trine 5 might be the best one yet. Solid, highly enjoyable puzzle platformers with a charming world and characters. Best played with three people, but even with two or just on your own these are always fun games.
  4. A Plague Tale: Requiem (PS5) My Rating: 9.0 / 10
    • A sequel to one of my favourite games of the previous generation, and quite possibly an improvement over it as well. I love this particular setting Asobo Studio has created, and the story and characters are great too, carried in this game by an fantastic voice performance by Charlotte McBurney as Amicia. If I had played this game back in 2022 when it was release I would have probably voted for her as the best performance of the year in the year-end awards. I loved the character's progression over the course of the game, slowly becoming more and more accustomed to and accepting of the idea of killing other people, and simply being mentally torn apart bit by bit by the horrible situation they've been forced into and from which there doesn't seem to be any escape. I'm not entirely sure yet, but this might be the first game I've played this year that'll make it into my top 50 once that event rolls around at the end of the year.
  5. Star Ocean: First Departure R (PS4) My Rating: 7.5 / 10
    • A solid old-school JRPG that effectively feels like a proof of concept for other, better games down the line. This was Tri-Ace's first game, and this definitely set up a template the later games in the series would follow and improve upon. This was an overall fun game, but it does feel like a first attempt at doing something. Still good, but every element found here would be greatly polished in games to come.
  6. Asterigos: Curse of the Stars (PS5) My Rating: 8 / 10
    • I ended up liking this game much more than I initially expected. An action RPG that takes some clear inspiration from Dark Souls, but far easier and lighter a game (a soulslite?). The limits of the game's budget are unquestionably a factor here, as just about every aspect of the game could have used one more pass of polish before release, the gameplay could use a bit more snap and better damage feedback, and the writing/translation needed one more round of edits to fix the various small mistakes and just make the game less verbose. I still liked it a lot, and it's one of those games that feels more than the sum of its parts. My initial impression upon starting it weren't great, but the longer I played the more I found myself enjoying my time with Asterigos.

Currently Playing:

• Potionomics (PC)
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure (PS4)

In queue:

• God of War: Ragnarök
  • Persona 5
  • Demon's Souls
  • Steelrising
  • Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac Age
  • Tales of Arise
  • Tales of Vesperia
  • Steelrising

Just Finished: Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered (PS5)

I do not replay games often. I got this game by buying Marvel's Spider-Man Miles Morales Ultimate Edition at a discount. I played the original game on PS4 but had to rush through it because it was my brother's and he was moving away and taking the game with him. I had already played Miles Morales so I feared that this game would feel a bit outdated after that. Thankfully that was not the case. The graphics and performance are phenomenal. This time I got to play through all of the side content and the included DLC episodes. In fact, this was the very first time I earned a Platinum trophy (for the base game). It took me about 14 hours to clear the story but the Platinum took me about 30 hours of playtime, and that is considered one of the easier ones to attain. Playing the story content for the City That Never Sleeps DLC meant that I spent nearly 40 hours with this game in total. While the game is well made and fun it definitely started to feel repetitive. Overall I did enjoy this playthrough more than my first one. The writing and world building is phenomenal. One of the most enjoyable adaptations of Spider-Man's world in any medium. Now I will be ready to buy Spider-Man 2 whenever it goes on sale. With great power...

Score: 8/10

• Back 4 Blood (PS5)
  • Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered (PS5)
Last edited by Signalstar - on 26 February 2024

Around the Network

Here's list of Vidya's i completed:
-Halo 3
-RDR1
-Guitar Hero III
-Half-Life Episode 1
Thats pretty much it, been playing TF2 and Skate 3 Nonstop

-Why the fuck do i have to pay for a free trial

Update as of March 2nd 2024.

Beaten so far in 2024
-Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PC) - 39 hours and 85 out of 100 Rating
-Final Fantasy VI (PC) - 56 hours and 97 out of 100 Rating
-Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster (NS) - 26 hours and 96 out of 100 Rating
-Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (PS4) - 43 hours and a 99 out of 100 Rating

Total number of Hours Platform wise
PC: 95 hours
PS4: 43 hours
NS: 26 hours

Grand Total: 164 hours

Currently Playing

Planning to Play

-Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (PS5)
-Tekken 2 (PS4)
-Soulcalibur II (XBO)
-Dragon Quest I (NS)
-River City Girls (Steam)
-Kirby's Dream Course (NSO)

Took me a while, again, but I think given what game it was, I think it's understandable.

March 3rd - Baldur's Gate 3

Spoiler!

Wow that game was long. Looooooooooooooooooooooooong. I thought I was done playing long games, hell, I felt like I was done playing games at all last year, but here we are. This took me over 200 hours and while it might be a lie to say I enjoyed every second of it, I did enjoy most seconds. The gameplay's not my cup of tea but it's well made and I grew into it, it was worth trying something in a genre I don't usually play because I wanted a strong narrative experience and yeah, the game delivered on that big time. Nearly every questline was full of interesting characters, meaningful choices, and most of them felt important to the overarching story, to the point that it blurs the line on what even is a "sidequest". This game let me build a party that felt very much my own - characters I connected with immediately, and others I had doubts about but grew to appreciate over time. And also characters that I never connected with, which led to them being cast out of the party in a way that felt right and didn't leave me feeling like I was "missing out" on content, even though I technically was.

So many amazing characters in this, so many amazing moments. Act 3 was filled with difficult choices, and having to carefully judge the morals of many characters trying to earn your trust, at many points I felt like there wouldn't be a "right" choice, but ultimately I'm happy with how things played out. My favourite moments in the game were my first time exploring the underdark, especially everything to do with the Myconid colony; the whole attack on Moonrise at the end of Act 2, especially one quiet moment in the moonlight at the end of it; and one particular questline under Wyrm's Rock, the ending of which left a serious impact on me.

Man, Act 1 feels like ages ago. I kinda miss those simpler times, everything was so innocent and chill back then, heh. This game was massive, what a journey. I'm gonna start giving them ratings here now, was torn between a 9 and a 10 but after writing all that, it's gotta be a 10. I had some nitpicks with it but that doesn't take away the fact that I loved this throughout more than 200 hours. I cared about it, at some points it felt like the only thing in my life, I was fully immersed into Apno's life, at times moreso than my own.

This is Apno, by the way:

He's awesome, but anyway, I've rambled for long enough, this ain't the thread for it. 10/10

(There's no spoilers in there, I just hid it because it's a bit of a long rant and for some reason this post is coming out in bold and I can't fix it so I'd rather keep the text here minimal )

Last edited by mZuzek - on 03 March 2024

Just Finished: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS)

Damn this game was hard. I played the original Donkey Kong Country through NSO sometime last year. It was enjoyable. I'm sure it was very hard as well but I used the rewind and quick save features to breeze through it. This game does not have those features. I played on normal mode. It was frustratingly difficult at times. The game seems to demand perfection. I did use the powerups to my advantage but sometimes it was not enough. It got  to the point that I dreaded the rocket and mine cart levels. Generally thought his is a well designed game with great ideas and level design. The music is pretty good too. I never played the game on Wii despite still owning one. Sometimes I don't think the game scaled correctly for the 3DS screen. The silhouette levels are eye-catching. I don't mind that the game used original characters as enemies. It is a good revival, well done Retro.

Score: 8/10

• Back 4 Blood (PS5)
  • Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered (PS5)
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS)
Last edited by Signalstar - on 10 March 2024

Completed:

1. Blasphemous 2 (PC)

2. Code Vein (PC)

3. TMNT: Shredder's Revenge (Series X)

4. Octopath Traveler (PC)*

Now Playing:

1. Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth (PS5)

*Putting an asterisk against Octopath because I used a mod near the end of the game.  For those of you who know, you know that the FINAL boss of the game is not only ridiculously difficult in comparison to the rest of the bosses in the game, but also is preceded by an 8 boss bossrush. And you would also know that you cannot save between this boss rush and the final boss.  Getting through these 8 bosses can take nearly an hour.  Each and every single attempt. And the final boss isn't really beatable with a straight forward strategy.  You need to plan it out and try many party builds.  So after a few attempts, I used a mod that allowed me to save after doing the boss rush. And given the number of times I attempted the final boss after that, I probably saved myself a good 8-10 hours of wasted time. And that's after already spending nearly 120 hours with the game.  Fantastic game otherwise!

Last edited by CladInShadows - on 16 March 2024