By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Power The Next Level! All SEGA Thread! - Notable SEGA/ATLUS leaker shares news on Virtua Fighter Reboot ( Second Post)

At the Game Awards, SEGA takes the spotlight by not only just announcing all projects for upcoming year(s), these projects happen to be all revivals of SEGA classic IP. Something SEGA fans have been begging SEGA to do for years. First 5 are: Jet "Set" (*eyeroll) Radio, Crazy Taxi, Streets of Rage, Golden Ax and Shinobi. A great first season. There are more coming:https://segabits.com/blog/2023/12/13/sega-filed-four-trademarks-of-classic-titles-including-altered-beast-kid-chameleon-and-eternal-champions/

WHAT IS SUPER GAME?

Several years ago SEGA announced what they are calling a SUPER GAME; something to stand shoulders above everything else. Cool. What is it? SEGA Maker, SEGA Big Planet? Release set for 2026. *Will update this with info later*

DEVELOPER: SEGA (Most likely Like a Dragon Studio)

PLATFORMS: ???

RELEASE: ???

DEVELOPER: SEGA

DEVELOPER: Lizard Cube

DEVELOPER: Most likely KOMI games

DEVELOPER: ???

Around the Network

Virtua Fighter

• It is online and esports focused and has online and offline modes including customization modes.

• There are new characters with a modern art style and character artist.

• It is a game concept that changed many times since 2021 up to now.

• Streaming and spectating implementation is an important part of this title and Super Game concept.

• It is a reboot of the Virtua Fighter series in development by current Virtua Fighter staff.

• It is a title releasing on all major platforms with crossplay and rollback.

• And there is all new main story and side stories with brand new characters.

This is a Virtua Fighter title that is developed to be a modern competitor to Street Fighter and Tekken with esports concepts and mechanics that are similar to current Street Fighter and other fighting games. It is a concept that evolved a lot.

Last edited by Xxain - on 05 March 2024

Willing to bet RGG is making SOR.

JSR excited but scared it will be Gaas. Also not sold on the art style. Looks like basic Unreal assets with a cel shader. Bomb Rush Cyberfunk is the sequel to JSRF I have wanted fort 20 years so JSR reboot will have a lot to live up to.

I know they're making a 3D Golden Axe but for years I have been saying I want a new Golden Axe developed by Vanillaware (Dragon's Crown). Why not Lizardcube did SOR4 a 2D art game and now the new SOR is 3D.

Shinobi is most def Lizardcube. They even posted art from it. It's their artstyle.

We need a remake of Panzer Dragoon 2 and SAGA. A remake of Skies of Arcadia.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Willing to bet RGG is making SOR.

JSR excited but scared it will be Gaas. Also not sold on the art style. Looks like basic Unreal assets with a cel shader. Bomb Rush Cyberfunk is the sequel to JSRF I have wanted fort 20 years so JSR reboot will have a lot to live up to.

I know they're making a 3D Golden Axe but for years I have been saying I want a new Golden Axe developed by Vanillaware (Dragon's Crown). Why not Lizardcube did SOR4 a 2D art game and now the new SOR is 3D.

Shinobi is most def Lizardcube. They even posted art from it. It's their artstyle.

We need a remake of Panzer Dragoon 2 and SAGA. A remake of Skies of Arcadia.

Dude, no way is Yakuza studio making SOR. I would do a backflip. They are on JSR though; Smilebit was merged with Nagoshi's team back in the day and they became RGG. 

Only interested in Streets of Rage.

Wonder if they'll implement anything from 4 since 4 was technically not made by SEGA in house.

Edit: Now if they'll do anything with Shining/Shining Force, I'll look forward to that too.

Last edited by BasilZero - on 26 December 2023

Around the Network

In fact, I just played Streets of Rage 2 this morning. I’m a fan of that series.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I don't understand why Streets of Rage is there, it was already revived recently with 4 and it's pretty good.

But the real questions is: where is Opa-Opa?

Give the people more Fantasy Zone, Sega.

Leynos said:

We need a remake of Panzer Dragoon 2 and SAGA.

Oh God, please.

Weren't the developers hired again for some unspecified project recently? I'm assuming it might be PD2.

BraLoD said:

I don't understand why Streets of Rage is there, it was already revived recently with 4 and it's pretty good.

But the real questions is: where is Opa-Opa?

Give the people more Fantasy Zone, Sega.

Because outside of licensing out the IP, SEGA had no involvement with SOR4, Panzer Dragoon, Wonder Boy ext. I am 100% certain that SEGA was taken by surprise by how their outsourced classic IP/spiritual successors were doing. Now they have recognized the value of their IP so they want to bring everything back under their umbrella after everybody else did the hard work of reviving them.

I'm exciting for all of them. I'm most concerned with Streets of Rage Revolution. It's in the hands of a unknown developer that only has 1 game to their name. You would think after SOR4 selling almost 3 mill that SORR would have the biggest budget, but it looks the roughest currently. Apparently, KOMI games went through over 12 pitches for a 3D Streets of Rage before it was green light. That should mean something, but SEGA. They are also using Spikeout and Dynamite Cop as reference and I love those games. 

That's my copium

By my balls SEGA, port Scud Race and Planet Harriers to modern consoles before it's too late (esp PH as those arcade boards are literally dying fast)

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!