By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 45, 2023 (Oct 30 - Nov 05)

What are the predictions for next weeks PS5 numbers? I'm gonna softball it and say 106k.

Around the Network

Switch sales have been odd at times this year. No one wanted the Mario OLED, now everyone wants the Animal Crossing edition?

It really shouldn't drop below 90k anymore now at least, with momotaro, Mario rpg and the holidays around the corner.

Pacman has returned.

Renamed said:

Pacman has returned.

Even if PS5 was having normal sales it would still be very much a pacman, but with a bigger mouth kkkkk

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Pikmin 4 is showing really nice legs.
Okay openings for Star Ocean, Fashion, and Wario.
27 of the top 30 are on Switch; the Pacman applies to software as well as hardware.

Around the Network

Does anyone else have any predictions for PS5 next week?

CosmicSex said:

Hard to say; there's definitely a lot of pent up demand from the system being out of stock these past weeks, and the Japanese do seem to prefer smaller hardware, I think it can get over 100k. The price hike will prevent the boost from being as big as it could have been though.

The question is:

Can the Xbox Series reach 1M LT in Japan?

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

The question is:

Can the Xbox Series reach 1M LT in Japan?

It's managed half that much in 3 years; I'd say it can get there.

CosmicSex said:

It was doing 15-20k sold at Amazon Japan before launch.

There’s a chance it could do 100k+ considering that Switch and PS5 are sent overseas due to low yen exchange.