By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 45, 2023 (Oct 30 - Nov 05)

That new model seems pretty pointless and i have mainly seen disappointment for it online. Sony's marketing for this gen has been off the track imo and this rollout is a good example.

Around the Network
xMetroid said:

That new model seems pretty pointless and i have mainly seen disappointment for it online. Sony's marketing for this gen has been off the track imo and this rollout is a good example.

It will save them in costs.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ashadelo said:

Let's just say what everyone is thinking but no one has said.... The xbox beat PS4+5 combined, trying hard not to laugh as NO ONE would have ever thought this would happen... but here we are....

Omg so funny! Hey everyone lets join in and let's all laugh hard at the ps5! It's so hilarious.

lol Xbox beats PS4 and PS5 combined! That's hilarious to see. I guess literally everyone is waiting for the PS5 slim these days, or is it that Sony has just stopped stocking the current version and will only be stocking the Slim once it launches? I dunno when the Slim is coming out but I wonder if PS5 can hit 100k the week it releases considering the past 4-5 weeks Japan sales dropped like 100k or so.

Good to see whatever was going on with Switch sales the past few weeks has corrected itself now. Was probably just stock issues poorly timed with the Wonder release. Second best week 45 in Switch's history. With the possible exception of next week, Switch will shortly be entering 100k+ territory for rest of the weeks this year.

Also, wow, MK8D is NOT in the top 10?! That's gotta have only happened a handful of times since it came out in 2017.

So Switch has passed 2017 this week and should pass 2018 next week. Pretty impressive for a 7 year old console.

Around the Network

A few keys:

Switch is UP mostly to AC Lite bundles, but every other model saw some decent increase.

There's no Phat PS5 stock in Japan atm, that has been the case for the last 3 weeks at least.

The New model will do more than 100K on launch day.

PS portal is sold out for the last couple of weeks, is not clear if that is a good sign or not.

That's a good hold for Super Mario Bros Wonder. Looks like it will have some decent legs to it.

FarleyMcFirefly said:

When does the momotaro dentetsu sequel arrive on switch?

Nov 16 2023

Slownenberg said:

lol Xbox beats PS4 and PS5 combined! That's hilarious to see. I guess literally everyone is waiting for the PS5 slim these days, or is it that Sony has just stopped stocking the current version and will only be stocking the Slim once it launches? I dunno when the Slim is coming out but I wonder if PS5 can hit 100k the week it releases considering the past 4-5 weeks Japan sales dropped like 100k or so.

Good to see whatever was going on with Switch sales the past few weeks has corrected itself now. Was probably just stock issues poorly timed with the Wonder release. Second best week 45 in Switch's history. With the possible exception of next week, Switch will shortly be entering 100k+ territory for rest of the weeks this year.

Also, wow, MK8D is NOT in the top 10?! That's gotta have only happened a handful of times since it came out in 2017.

Sony didn't shipped current model for over a month now to zero the inventory and prepare for the launch of the new model on the 10th.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Now that's more like it. (Switch)
A higher week 45 than any previous year except 2020.

Now to see how the holidays fare; if it continues to track with 2022 as it has so far, it should finish around 4.4 million, which would be higher than either 2017 or 2018.