By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game of the Year 2023

** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by Bandorr **

Which game will win the most GOTY-awards this year?

Hogwarts Legacy 0 $0.00 0%

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 0 $0.00 0%

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom 30 $12,272.74 44.12%

Street Fighter 6 1 $1.00 1.47%

Diablo 4 0 $0.00 0%

Final Fantasy 16 2 $1,500.00 2.94%

Super Mario Bros. Wonder 0 $0.00 0%

Baldur's Gate III 32 $17,888.68 47.06%

Starfield 2 $101.00 2.94%

other 1 $10.00 1.47%

Totals: 68 $31,773.42  
Game closed: 11/20/2023

As people by now have dipped their toes into Mario Wonder, how are you feeling right now? Changing your opinions?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

My vote goes to Baldurs Gate 3.

I've been playing Mario Wonder today. While it's great, TotK easily remains my goty for 2023.

BG3 is on the next to uninstall list if I need more room. It just doesn't work very well on console. In split-screen it's 5/10, bad experience (we tried for 3 hours to get on with it). Before that I played by myself for over 10 hours, mixed feelings. Some things are great, camera, UI and controls suck. It's probably a lot better with KB+Mouse yet I'm also not really getting a Baldur's Gate vibe from it. Maybe from the way I have been exploring, it all feels very disjointed and a party limit of 4 is disappointing, 7/10 for single player on PS5. It's now at the bottom of my list for maybe picking it up again later.

Spider-Man 2 is installed, might try tonight. Kinda more interested to continue with Paradise Hotel and The 7th Guest on PSVR2 atm.

I like to risk, so BG3 it is

I’m guessing Zelda will win more game of the year awards than the combined total of all other games this year, perhaps multiple times more.

I’d also guess we’ll see Final Fantasy 16 and Mario Wonder will battle for a distant second. The others won’t be significant.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Spider-Man 2 will certainly win some tech and accessibility awards, yet TotK is also a technical masterpiece.
TotK will take it, Wonder, Spidey2, FF16 and BG3 will get some awards as well. And yeah, thanks to a tighter battle for second, TotK can end up far ahead.

I vote FF16. Different or not, for me, it was the first FF that I enjoyed from start to finish since FFX.

Just bet 1.5k on BG3. I do think its going to be close between that and Zelda but i think BG3 will pull the win in the end.

Edit: Need to add more to this imo.

I feel like BG3 has brought back the joy of CRPG's like no other game has done in years. Yeah other games have come close like Pillers and Divinity etc. But nothing has touched the spot like BG3 has. It honestly deserves every credit it gets and all the wins it gets.

Last edited by zero129 - on 22 October 2023

Edit: Double post

Haven't played them all but of those I have TOTK is still the frontrunner. Spider-man 2 is great but the changes and additions from Spider-man 1 don't add too much IMO. In contrast, I think the changes in TOTK really add some uniqueness to the experience and make it a meaningfully different experience than BOTW in terms of gameplay. Super Mario Wonder is good so far, but as of two worlds in, just not on the level of those games.