By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game of the Year 2023

** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by Bandorr **

Which game will win the most GOTY-awards this year?

Hogwarts Legacy 0 $0.00 0%

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 0 $0.00 0%

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom 30 $12,272.74 44.12%

Street Fighter 6 1 $1.00 1.47%

Diablo 4 0 $0.00 0%

Final Fantasy 16 2 $1,500.00 2.94%

Super Mario Bros. Wonder 0 $0.00 0%

Baldur's Gate III 32 $17,888.68 47.06%

Starfield 2 $101.00 2.94%

other 1 $10.00 1.47%

Totals: 68 $31,773.42  
Game closed: 11/20/2023

About a week left to make up your mind and potentially change your bet. Zelda and BG3 dominate this so far, are you so sure they are going to run away with all the awards? There are a lot of good games this year.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

I will go with BG3, imo it's more revolutionary than TOTK, which is more like what GOW is too GOW Ragna, it's a sequel pur sang. It improves on some things, but it's very much a sequel. BG3 however is a really unique take and there's nothing really comparable to it on the market.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:

I will go with BG3, imo it's more revolutionary than TOTK, which is more like what GOW is too GOW Ragna, it's a sequel pur sang. It improves on some things, but it's very much a sequel. BG3 however is a really unique take and there's nothing really comparable to it on the market.

bg3 is not revolutionary, what makes a game special was the whimsy in some aspects like no other has done before

As much as I’d love to see Tears of the Kingdom take home GotY, I do believe Balder’s Gate 3 will clutch it out. Both are such incredible experiences: it’s unfortunate to see greatness be overshadowed by greatness. TotK is already among my top five favorites of all time, and is already my most played game of all time by a large margin.

I see it coming down to Zelda Tears of the Kingdom and Baldur's Gate 3. But thinking on the hype I'll give the slight edge to Zelda. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

Tears of the Kingdom is easily my game of the year, but I would be surprised if it beats out Balder's Gate. I'm not personally going to play Baldur's Gate anytime soon since there isn't a physical release of it, but I'm sure it wouldn't beat out Zelda for me personally if I did play it.

It feels wrong to place a remake above the others. But Resident Evil 4 was just the perfect blend of keeping the feel of the original with new stuff. Created the sense of playing Re4 for the first time. 

There are a lot of games I have not played this year yet. I think Baldurs Gate is might be it. Hogwarts Legacy is good but almost exclusively so for the fanbase. Mario Wonder and Zelda Tears of the Kingdom is not for me.

Diablo 4 is a bad game packed in nice wrapping, good music, controls, graphics even story is good.But everything feels so meaningless to the point of being mundane chore. 

Bet the max on bg3.

What's the use for "VG$" money? Just bragging rights and having fun betting here?

Honestly... it's Sea of Stars for me. I have a weakness for games where the developers pour their whole hearts in xD