By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - NFL 2023 Season Discussion Thread

shikamaru317 said:

Good Super Bowl, I like when it's close instead of one sided, and you don't get any closer than going to Overtime for only the 2nd time in Superbowl history.

Great Superbowl field goal record by Buttker, breaking Moody's own record within the same game. I voted for Buttker for MVP since he got 5 field goals including that record one, but I'm sure Mahomes will get MVP, which I'm OK with as he played one heck of a game.

MVP should go to Taylor Swift.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Around the Network

Fudge!.. Whatever, GG.

I knew if the game was close Mahmos would get it done. He's the next goat.

zeldaring said:

I knew if the game was close Mahmos would get it done. He's the next goat.

Certainly seems that way. With today's win he tied Troy Aikman in 3rd place for most Quarterback Super Bowl wins, and he is currently 1 Super Bowl win short of tying Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw for 2nd place, and 4 short of tying Tom Brady for 1st. He also just tied Joe Montana at 3 Super Bowl MVP awards for 2nd place and is now 2 MVP awards short of tying Tom Brady. Considering he is still young at just 28, he definitely could make a pass at overtaking Tom Brady for NFL GOAT. Brady was also young when he won his 3rd Super Bowl in the 2004 season, but after Super Bowl 39 the Patriots went on a 9 year dry spell with no Super Bowl wins until Super Bowl 49, if Mahomes can avoid such a long dry spell and avoids a career ending injury he definitely has a chance of overtaking the GOAT. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 12 February 2024

Chiefs won as a I predicted. Still the games are really determined by the quarterback still for some reason.

BiON!@ 

Around the Network
hellobion2 said:

Chiefs won as a I predicted. Still the games are really determined by the quarterback still for some reason.

Qb makes the most critical plays in the game and have the ball on almost everyplay when on the field.

Mahomes is special, not much to say.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

RolStoppable said:

This was the most German end for this NFL season that you could imagine. When the clock was winding down in the final minute of the first overtime period, the German commentators were screaming why doesn't take Andy Reid a timeout, time is running out. As if there wouldn't be a second overtime period. LOL

Same thing happened at the Super Bowl party I was at.  I had to explain it after the game ended.

Incredible win for Kansas City. A lot of people overlooked that defense, but they were legit.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

At this point, even if the 49ers manage to finally win the Super Bowl, even if it's next year...
Unless they beat the Chiefs to do it, it just won't feel the same.

Just read that on pure speculation alone that she would be there, makeup companies tripled their superbowl advertising spending.