By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - South Park: Snow Day announced for PS5, XS, Switch and PC

Trailer:

Around the Network

Hopefully this doesn't prevent a 3rd 2D RPG of South Park from coming out. I was really hoping for that to happen.
This game has potential but I'm cautious with my expectations.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:

Hopefully this doesn't prevent a 3rd 2D RPG of South Park from coming out. I was really hoping for that to happen.
This game has potential but I'm cautious with my expectations.

Yeah, I also like the 2D South Park games. I like Stick of Truth more, but both titles are good.

If I'm not mistaken, we don't have a good 3D South Park game yet, let's see if they get it right this time.

The media, back in the 1990s, accused South Park of being all about bad graphics and fart jokes. I’m response, Matt and Trey created an episode that was actually about that to contrast what South Park is: Terrance and Philip.

Unfortunately, the Terrance and Philip style comedy is kind of what the last South Park game ended up being. It wasn’t just fart jokes, but an excessive volume of them. It was more annoying than a bad meme that got tired months ago, but you’re still somehow seeing it posted like 732 times a day on Social Media: “All your base are belong to us! Isn’t it brilliant?!?” The sort of humour akin to what the media falsely accused South Park of in the 1990s.

I hope they leave the fart jokes out of it this time around. Otherwise, I’m not even considering this game.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 11 August 2023

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I mean this isn't the same publisher getting the game under its hands this time. Does this game has the same dev team as the previous 2D games ? Anywoo, cautiously optimistic about this one.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

Damn, another one.

I need to play the other two lol

Jumpin said:

The media, back in the 1990s, accused South Park of being all about bad graphics and fart jokes. I’m response, Matt and Trey created an episode that was actually about that to contrast what South Park is: Terrance and Philip.

Unfortunately, the Terrance and Philip style comedy is kind of what the last South Park game ended up being. It wasn’t just fart jokes, but an excessive volume of them. It was more annoying than a bad meme that got tired months ago, but you’re still somehow seeing it posted like 732 times a day on Social Media: “All your base are belong to us! Isn’t it brilliant?!?” The sort of humour akin to what the media falsely accused South Park of in the 1990s.

I hope they leave the fart jokes out of it this time around. Otherwise, I’m not even considering this game.

Eh, I kinda like the juxtaposition of the dumb, juvenile toilet humor - with the wittier, nuanced sociopolitical/cultural comedy. Same reason I enjoy Rick and Morty (at least the first few seasons). South Park has been better about being consistent about this since I got into the show 20+ years ago. Though they've actually gone so much more in the latter direction lately (and less successfully), I'd actually find a return to more of the silly, goofier fart jokes w/less bombast more refreshing.

Regarding the game - looks pretty sweet to me at least artistically. But I legit couldn't grasp what kind of game it was from the brief amount of actual footage shown.. MOBA? third-person action? Diablo-style isometric ARPG? 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

DarthMetalliCube said:
Jumpin said:

Eh, I kinda like the juxtaposition of the dumb, juvenile toilet humor - with the wittier, nuanced sociopolitical/cultural comedy. Same reason I enjoy Rick and Morty (at least the first few seasons). South Park has been better about being consistent about this since I got into the show 20+ years ago. Though they've actually gone so much more in the latter direction lately (and less successfully), I'd actually find a return to more of the silly, goofier fart jokes w/less bombast more refreshing.

Regarding the game - looks pretty sweet to me at least artistically. But I legit couldn't grasp what kind of game it was from the brief amount of actual footage shown.. MOBA? third-person action? Diablo-style isometric ARPG? 

My point is that the excessive fart jokes and gags aren’t what South Park was ever about. It’s what the critics in the 1990s incorrectly claimed the show was about. This is why the Terrence and Phillip episode was created, to depict what a show like that would otherwise be. I mean, if that’s what you want, the second South Park game might be for you. It gave me a headache in the same way a bad meme repeated over and over and over and over again does.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I hope this will trigger other shows to make games again. I would sure love a new Simpsons game.

Mar1217 said:

I mean this isn't the same publisher getting the game under its hands this time. Does this game has the same dev team as the previous 2D games ? Anywoo, cautiously optimistic about this one.

No, both games were published by Ubisoft, but Obsidian Entertainment made the first game (really loved!) and a Ubisoft internal studio made the second game (didn't care for that game at all really)

So THQ Nordic is taking a crack at it now. I'm guessing one of their internal studios.