By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want to see from next gen Nintendo games?

More Joycon options. More remakes and remasters of classic games (specially from the 8/16 bit era).

Around the Network

What I wanna see most from the next Nintendo console is to see if Monolith Soft could be handle to successfully handle a new IP under their banner. Like I REALLY like Xenoblade, but it'd be certainly fun to see them tackle something else.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I'd like to see a series of games with a major story arc, planned across a 10-15 year time-span. Like the Marvel Universe films, but video game format.

It's something only Nintendo could do with their IP...

OneTime said:

I'd like to see a series of games with a major story arc, planned across a 10-15 year time-span. Like the Marvel Universe films, but video game format.

It's something only Nintendo could do with their IP...

That would be pretty cool, if they planned out a multi-game story arc, with games coming out like every 3 years so you don't have to wait forever to keep the story going, and you carry forward save data from one game to the next.

Higher resolution

Around the Network

60fps and dynamic resolution in every game. TOTK and 20fps with ultra hand is unplayable.

And dedicated servers. The lag in Splatoon is hilarious.

Pemalite said:

I think Nintendo has proven it can do pretty engaging physics with Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom even with a mediocre CPU.
It has also achieved decent and engaging open worlds.

The rest just comes down to the technology itself, I would like a full HDR display, full hardware Ray Traced lighting pipeline and give us more of what made the current Switch a fantastic device... And that is compelling games.

And a new Pokemon developer wouldn't hurt either, Gamefreak isn't competent at making games in the modern era... And is a big stain on Nintendo's exclusive lineup.

I feel like Game Freak is fine, the problem is they have maintained the same software output over decades despite games getting bigger and more complex.

Red/Green-February 1996

Blue-October 1996

Yellow-October 1998

Gold/Silver-November 1999

Crystal-December 2000

Ruby/Sapphire-November 2002

FireRed/LeafGreen-January 2004

Emerald-September 2004

Diamond/Pearl-September 2006

Platinum-September 2008

HeartGold/SoulSilver-September 2009

Black/White-September 2010

Black/White 2-June 2012

X/Y-October 2013

OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire-November 2014

Sun/Moon-November 2016

Ultra Sun/Moon-November 2017

Let’s Go, Pikachu!/Eevee!-November 2018

Sword/Shield-November 2019

Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra-June/October 2020

Legends:Arceus-January 2022

Scarlet/Violet-November 2022

Teal Mask/Indigo Disk-September/Winter 2023

You shouldn’t be able to pump out Switch games at the same pace as Gameboy games. I think they did some good things this generation like switching to expansion packs rather than 3rd versions/sequels, handing remakes to another studio and getting experimental with spin-offs but they’re still pumping games out too fast.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Soundwave said:

I'd like to see really solid DLSS implementation even for handheld mode where the game can render natively as low as 240 or 360p and look like a 1080p image on the portable side

360p? 240p? I doubt that there is enough information for DLSS in such low resolutions to work acceptable.

P.S.: I have to take that back. I tried a few games in 1280x720p with DLSS Ultra Performance setting (that's 427x240 native resolution, not much higher than NES, SNES and Nintendo DS resolution) and I'm amazed how good the results still are.

They look ugly in fullscreen on a big monitor or TV, but most of them look okay on small displays (phones, Steam Deck, Switch) or in an 720p-window on a bigger display:

Spoiler!

Although "A Plague Tale: Requiem" hat a few issues in that low resolution and the "Microsoft Flight Simulator" had terrible ghosting around the plane, the other games showed no problems.

Last edited by Conina - on 13 August 2023

Better treatment of Nintendo IPs that aren't Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Fire Emblem or Animal Crossing. It's time Nintendo finally figured out how to properly evolve Star Fox and how to refresh F-Zero.

And the ability to manipulate it using ultrahand.