By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What has been the best game you've played that came out this year?

What has been the best game you've played from this year?

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom 98 49.25%

Baldur's Gate 3 23 11.56%

Resident Evil 4 16 8.04%

Street Fighter 6 4 2.01%

Diablo IV 6 3.02%

Dead Space 6 3.02%

Hi-Fi Rush 11 5.53%

Dave the Diver 0 0%

Final Fantasy XVI 32 16.08%

Pikmin 4 3 1.51%

Total:199

Despite its many flaws: TotK. Metroid Prime remaster is great too.

Around the Network

Warms my heart to see Pikmin with 5% :.)

In a year with Metroid remasters, Zelda, Final Fantasy, etc etc., this just feels so good.

I can tell you my favourite, but I’m not a professional video game critic who has enough expertise to determine what the best is.

But in terms of favourites:

On that list: Tears of the Kingdom, easily.
Overall: Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster Collection - especially FF6 and FF4.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

SvennoJ said:

TotK. Despite it also having the ability to annoy me to no end, it had me completely forget about PSVR2.

However no BG3 yet, and playing that together in split-screen co-op will be a serious contender to TotK. Got about a month left to finish up with TotK.
RE4 remake in VR can also come out on top, RE8 in VR was truly jaw dropping (completed 4 times)

I have played RE (original) in VR for Oculus Quest and yeah, it's amazing. Made RE 4 my favorite RE again after RE 2 remake became my favorite 

Haven't played anything from this year yet. I'm still working on older games, plus I haven't had the money to buy anything new. If I get anything that was released this year, it'll probably be Pikmin 4 or Super Mario Wonder, maybe Baldur's Gate 3.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

Around the Network

The Legend Of Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom, there is no contest this year, second place Baldurs Gate 3 i'm playing it righ now great game too, but not even close to the TLOZTK.

34 years playing games.

Tears of the Kingdom, no contest.

My second place game so far is Fire Emblem Engage. I do plan to try Baldur's Gate 3 in September when it comes out on platforms I own (it's actually getting a MacOS version!), and I'm looking forward to SMRPG and Star Ocean: The Second Story. I also have a metric fuckton of Nihon Falcom to get through this year. I've been eating well. My second most-played game after Zelda, surprisingly, is Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life.

ToTK no contest, I already played 100+ hours and I feel like I'm barely starting.

I'm currently playing RE4 and I like it, but for some reason I'm not enjoying it that much. I don't know maybe I just like the original too much but something feels off. And for some reason it's giving me motion sickness, which is weird because it has happened to me with FPS games but this is the first time it happens with a 3rd person game.

So yeah Zelda it is and I think RE4 definitely won't dethrone it.

Tears of the Kingdom

1doesnotsimply

Zelda dropped from 47% to 33% in a few days?? Did something happen?