By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch 2 2024 first party lineup

This is Nintendo we are talking about? No switch successor and no Metroid.. the fact that the current gen is nerfed because of covid gives Nintendo no reason to change anything. They got their system out before the shortages and they are going to ride this money wave like the gameboy

Around the Network

I'm not much in the mood of calling an hypothesis on the Switch successor first year line up, even less when theorizing of a 2024 release year since I think 2025 is just as probable.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I highly doubt they wait for 2025. Sales are declining. And to the point I was alluding to in my question, too many of their hit franchises have been released recently.
If they launch a new console in 2025, they would need to release something big like a new Mario, or several marginal hits like Star Fox etc in 2024. That would leave them with nothing to launch their next console with.

Lifetime Sales Prediction - 6/29/2013
Wii U - 38 million
XBOX One - 88 million
Playstation 4 - 145 million

- new 3D Mario open world game
- Zelda TotK Definitive Edition (incl. DLC or other additional content)
- new IP which showcases the new gimmick

during the launch window:
- Metroid Prime 4 (cross-gen release, because it was announced for Switch)
- new Mario Kart with a system like in Mario Kart Tour

I think Switch 2 will launch in Holiday 2024 and the launch games will be:

Pokémon Scarlet / Violet Definitive Edition
Mario Kart 9
New gimmick game

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

I have it on good authority that they're releasing a remake of ocarina of time holiday 2024 along with a switch 2

I like it when my mom goes out of town because I get to sleep on her side of the bed. -William Montgomery

Deyon said:

I haven't been following up with the gaming news recently but did they really announce a Switch 2 release in 2024? if so then probably a remaster and a 3d Mario.

No, this is just speculation. They didn't announce anything.

Shikamo said:

Mario Kart 9
New gimmick game

Pokemon is from Gramefreak and they basically never release instantly on a new system. For Pokemon we look at one year after the new hardware for a port/remaster/spinoff and two years later maybe the next new game. But Gamefreak will not be present at launch.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

They are about to launch a 2D Mario game on the back of the best gross video game.movie ever, second animated movie ever and top 20 best grossing movie of all times... I think this plus Zelda revival is pushing Switch 2 to March 2025... and at that point we will have Mario Kart 9, a new Mario 3D, Metroid 4 and all Zelda DS HD remake during the launch window

Switch!!!

Mnementh said:
Shikamo said:

Mario Kart 9
New gimmick game

Pokemon is from Gramefreak and they basically never release instantly on a new system. For Pokemon we look at one year after the new hardware for a port/remaster/spinoff and two years later maybe the next new game. But Gamefreak will not be present at launch.

I only said this because a supposed game freak employee (something like that) put on 4chan about a enhanced version of pokemon violet / scarlet for a new Switch model. He "predictly" everything corretly about February Pokemon Direct, so I think he have some credits.

Here the post: 

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)