By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch 2 2024 first party lineup

No idea what the lineup will be. 2025 is too far away to really know.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Around the Network

It would be interesting to see if Nintendo sticks with the same 16:9 aspect ratio panel and resolution with the Switch 2, Switch 1 games would then look and run identical to original hardware removing any need for porting titles across.

Then they can focus on new games.

Nintendo still has plenty of games in the pipeline to leverage new hardware... I still want a Starfox/Lylat Wars and Metroid Prime.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

fedfed said:

They are about to launch a 2D Mario game on the back of the best gross video game.movie ever, second animated movie ever and top 20 best grossing movie of all times... I think this plus Zelda revival is pushing Switch 2 to March 2025... and at that point we will have Mario Kart 9, a new Mario 3D, Metroid 4 and all Zelda DS HD remake during the launch window

Third animated movie behind Lion king remake and Frozen 2. And #15 best grossing movie of all times With $1,351,166,430.

Last edited by Chicho - on 08 July 2023

Chicho said:
fedfed said:

They are about to launch a 2D Mario game on the back of the best gross video game.movie ever, second animated movie ever and top 20 best grossing movie of all times... I think this plus Zelda revival is pushing Switch 2 to March 2025... and at that point we will have Mario Kart 9, a new Mario 3D, Metroid 4 and all Zelda DS HD remake during the launch window

Third animated movie behind Lion king remake and Frozen 2. And #15 best grossing movie of all times With $1,351,166,430.

It is the #2 animated film of all-time domestically (in terms of nominal gross, anyway), so he wasn't entirely wrong with that part of his statement.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

I'm hoping for a September 2024 launch. Should have a 3D Mario at launch and then Mario Kart a month later. Pokemon on Switch 1 could be November 2024 and then another Switch 2 title for December. That would really be it for major Switch 2 games in 2024. Animal Crossing should be Spring 2025 and then Gen 10 could be Holiday 2025. Maybe we could get a Zelda remake that year and a new Mario Party as well (assuming they don't release another MP on Switch 1 before then).

Around the Network

There is the distinct possibility Nintendo may stradle the line between successor/Pro model in the early days of the Switch 2 too, meaning it can function basically as both.

Really from Nintendo's POV, Switch 2 *is* a Switch 1 also (as backwards compatibility is almost a given), so they lose nothing if someone buys a Switch 2 instead of a Switch 1, it's better for them if consumers buy a Switch 2 because it will allow that consumer to buy games for the next 6-7 years of Nintendo's software pipeline, which is obviously the name of the game.

It's only really a distinction people on boards like this make (ooooh Switch 2 is gonna kill Switch 1 .... but from Nintendo's POV it doesn't really work that way, it's like saying iPhone 14 is going to kill the iPhone 13 ... but since they share the same software ecosystem, this is not really any kind of "net loss" for Apple if you buy the 14 instead of the 13, they win either way, getting a 14 is a bigger win for them because they want the newest model to sell the best).

There also probably is an argument to be made that releasing a successor while brand momentum is still quite high is a good thing and not a bad thing. I mean if the 3DS or Wii U launched a year or two earlier, they both probably would have sold a fair amount more (or if Nintendo had just released the Wii U without the dumb controller gimmick and just called it a Wii HD in 2009 or 2010 when the Wii brand had greater brand momentum it likely wouldn't have been such a struggle to sell it).

Amnesia said:
znake said:

Switch 2 is coming in Summer 2025

Have we already seen in the past a big console release in a summer?

Summer used to be the main release window during the 90s but then releases back then where staggered.

you guys are insane if you think the switch 2 will be releasing further away than Q1 2025.

i think we're in for a similar launch year as the 3DS' first year, except move up either 3D Mario or MK to a release title instead of release window. other than the incredible lull in the 3DS before it got a price-cut, it had an absolutely insane holiday with that 1-2 punch. definitely something to replicate. 

i think a zelda remaster or a new "tier B"/smaller scale zelda is a possibility too. something like link's awakening style.

Soundwave said:

There is the distinct possibility Nintendo may stradle the line between successor/Pro model in the early days of the Switch 2 too, meaning it can function basically as both.

Really from Nintendo's POV, Switch 2 *is* a Switch 1 also (as backwards compatibility is almost a given), so they lose nothing if someone buys a Switch 2 instead of a Switch 1, it's better for them if consumers buy a Switch 2 because it will allow that consumer to buy games for the next 6-7 years of Nintendo's software pipeline, which is obviously the name of the game.

It's only really a distinction people on boards like this make (ooooh Switch 2 is gonna kill Switch 1 .... but from Nintendo's POV it doesn't really work that way, it's like saying iPhone 14 is going to kill the iPhone 13 ... but since they share the same software ecosystem, this is not really any kind of "net loss" for Apple if you buy the 14 instead of the 13, they win either way, getting a 14 is a bigger win for them because they want the newest model to sell the best).

There also probably is an argument to be made that releasing a successor while brand momentum is still quite high is a good thing and not a bad thing. I mean if the 3DS or Wii U launched a year or two earlier, they both probably would have sold a fair amount more (or if Nintendo had just released the Wii U without the dumb controller gimmick and just called it a Wii HD in 2009 or 2010 when the Wii brand had greater brand momentum it likely wouldn't have been such a struggle to sell it).

if the wii u wasn't the wii u it certainly would have been leaps and bounds better.

Last edited by NintendoPie - on 09 July 2023

I don't see it releasing in 2024 at all tbh maybe an announcement late in the year but the earliest is March 2025 imo, this time round I think a 3D Mario will launch with the system as the is no chance Zelda would be ready by then with MK9 shortly after and a selection of catch up third party titles that didn't release on the Switch for example Elden Ring GOTY, REmake titles etc... I think Metroid Prime 4 is now a Switch 2 game at this point and could be one of the holiday titles with a possibility of the next Xenoblade in the holidays like before.

I don't see why Prime 4 should be a Switch 2 title. Metroid is not a system seller and would be better off being released on a massive install base first.