By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dream games that will never get made

A Tomb Raider game in the style of the older Core titles (grid based level design).

Around the Network

Pokemon (Dynasty Warriors style)

Kirby RPG

Mario Wrestling

FF Dissidia 012 remake/remaster

Ironically I would have put FFVII Crisis Core Remake/Remaster, Trials Of Mana/Seiken Densetsu 3 remake, and Super Mario RPG Remake in the list but they exist now!

I also remember someone from here who was clearly WRONG said that FFVII Crisis Core wouldnt get remastered or remade - funny how things turned out.

A Sonic spin-off where Robotnik is the main character.

Kid Icarus. Having a full-fledged Switch Kid Icarus, with exploration and shooting, developed by Retro Studios, would be amazing as a launch title for the next Switch. I say Retro Studios because Kid Icarus was originally a sister series to Metroid.

Lunar 3, built on the engine of the Trails of Cold Steel games. Unfortunately, the studio that made Lunar is long gone, and the creator of Lunar and Grandia died in 2011 of surgical complications.

A 3-D Super Smash Bros made by Sega AM2 or Katsuhiro Harada's team at Bandai Namco. For the gameplay, think of Power Stone.

Omega Boost Remake and Sequel but PD will forever be making car games.

Wild Arms reboot.

A PS5 Remake of Ape Escape.

A Platinum Developed Shinobi game.

Open world Jet Set Radio but not huge. Just merge all the areas of JSRF in one area and that size.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Ironically another game I would really want is a fighting game by Bandai Namco, namely a Smash inspired Tales fighting game. The moves in Tales are too perfect a match for that kind of game and they've built up a pretty large cast of great characters over the dozen games.

I could see Arksys doing it, like they did with Granblue, Persona and Dragonball.
That would definitely be something I'd love to see as well.

Space Channel 5 Remake
Space Channel 5 Part 3 & 4

A remake of the entire Mother/Earthbound series.

SanAndreasX said:

Kid Icarus. Having a full-fledged Switch Kid Icarus, with exploration and shooting, developed by Retro Studios, would be amazing as a launch title for the next Switch. I say Retro Studios because Kid Icarus was originally a sister series to Metroid.

Lunar 3, built on the engine of the Trails of Cold Steel games. Unfortunately, the studio that made Lunar is long gone, and the creator of Lunar and Grandia died in 2011 of surgical complications.

That would be an amazing Kid Icarus, especially if they kill off Viridi but she comes back to life and says that the experience was terrifying but humbling.

Also really sucks that the creator of Lunar and Grandia died. :( 

Another dream game of mine that may never be made is an HD remake of Star Fox with an actual aiming reticle, charged shots, lock on, all range sections, the ability to send your teammates in to attack enemies, and no motion controls.