By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dream games that will never get made

Mega Man Legends 3
A Kirby Platformer in the Style of Mario 64/Banjo Kazooie (not that forgotten land wasn't great)
Capcom vs SNK 2 with online play
A 3D version of Smash in the vein of Power Stone

Around the Network
Azzanation said:

Turok 4
Half Life 3
X-Wing Alliance 2

I would totally sign up for Turok 4! Just pretend like Evolution and the 2008 reboot never happened.

It would be particularly cool if Retro worked on it, but that's a pipe dream.

JackHandy said:
mZuzek said:

This past week I've revisited an idea I had for a Star Fox game. This franchise has been the most reocurring in my head, because it has an absolutely ridiculous amount of untapped potential. A whole ass universe of possibilities, with some extremely likeable characters at its core, yet all we have is a great little arcade game and then a bunch of crap.

I thought the original Star Fox was great, and still do. Star Fox 64 was a classic. And despite its hate, Star Fox on Gamecube was great too... different, but great. So by my tally, that's three titles right there that are either respectable, or great. 

But I agree. It's a franchise that Nintendo's really done dirty. If I were in charge, that would certainly change. I'd make it a priority, along with Metroid, Kid Icarus and Earthbound. I'd also green light Diddy Kong Racing 2 and Eternal Darkness 2, just because. 

Star Fox 1 was certainly great for its time, but it hasn't aged well. Star Fox 64 is great and always will be.

Star Fox on the GameCube, well... That's when Nintendo did it dirty. They turned what was supposed to be a standalone Rare game into Star Fox because they didn't know what to do with the series, and in the process ruined both the Star Fox IP and also what Dinosaur Planet was going to be. Adventures is an okay game at best, but what it did to the franchise is not okay. And then Assault rectified what it could, I respect it for what it tried to do in general, it had good ideas but rarely good execution. And it was tainted by having to address the Adventures bullcrap.

The GameCube era destroyed Star Fox's identity, that the series' reputation went downhill was only an inevitable consequence.

ArtX said:

Zelda Wind Waker 2
King of Dragons 2
Knights of the Round 2
Gradius V (remaster or VI or both)
Quackshot 2
Gunstar Heroes 2
Guardian Heroes 2

I wouldn't have thought about a Wind Waker 2...but now I want one.

rapsuperstar31 said:
ArtX said:

Zelda Wind Waker 2

There is one, it's called Phantom Hourglass.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

Nope. That game never existed. Nor should it ever exist.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
mZuzek said:

I’m curious now.

Why didn’t you like PH?

I found it to be a worthy handheld successor to WW, not as good as WW but still good. This in the same way LA was a good successor to LttP, not as good but still a good game.

A couple of years ago I posted an idea in another thread about a Metroid game that takes place entirely in one large city, preferably in the Galactic Federation's capital. I still like this idea.

Spindel said:
Leynos said:

I’m curious now.

Why didn’t you like PH?

I found it to be a worthy handheld successor to WW, not as good as WW but still good. This in the same way LA was a good successor to LttP, not as good but still a good game.

Controls suck and that shitty dungeon I had to repeat made me toss the game out.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
mZuzek said:

Honestly I'd love for it and Spirit Tracks to get full-blown 3D remakes based on Wind Waker's engine.