By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dream games that will never get made

Advanced V.G. 3. And a proper sequel for the Donkey Kong Country trilogy on SNES.

Around the Network

I lost hope in seeing Beyond Good & Evil 2 released, but if The Last Guardian can see the light, so can BG&E

Elite Dangerous with Newtonian physics and relativistic effects. Will never happen since everything has to be online multiplayer nowadays and without time compression space flight would take forever. A game with actual space battles instead of silly dog fighting as if space is just air without gravity.

Xenogears remake

A version of Earthworm Jim 3D that's fun and playable. Basically the opposite of what we actually got.

Around the Network

Astebreed sequel or another mecha game from that dev but they found more success in Sakuna Rice and Ruin. Farming games are more popular plus it's been 10 years.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

BasilZero said:

I also remember someone from here who was clearly WRONG said that FFVII Crisis Core wouldnt get remastered or remade - funny how things turned out.

Neither remastered nor remade? What was their reasoning?
I remember after Square made a comment some years ago about how they probably wouldn't remaster it due to how some things have changed since, people thought it would recieve more of a remake in that case.

^^ SquEnix will milk FF7 for all it's worth.

On topic. A new Rival Schools or Star Gladitor.
Tekken x Street Fighter (haha, one day Harada, one day)
FF game with tradition ATB.

Hmm, pie.

KOTOR III: The Old Republic exists, and a remake of KOTOR is supposedly still in development. A third game is very unlikely, even if it was a sequel to the remake and a possible remake of KOTOR II.
Mother 4: Itoi chose Mother 3 as the end. There's no way Nintendo would see enough money in a Mother game without him.
Chibi-Robo sequel in the style of the OG. Yes there was a Japan-only sequel like the first on DS.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Much as it pains me to say it, Virtua Fighter 6 is apparently not meant to be.