By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dream games that will never get made

mZuzek said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

I wouldn't have thought about a Wind Waker 2...but now I want one.

There is one, it's called Phantom Hourglass.

I never owned the DS, but I think I might have played a bit of it on the Wii U.  I know I played one of the DS games on the Wii U and controls were just terrible on the Wii U pad, I cant remember if it was Phantom Hourglass or another game.

Around the Network

Don't put your PS3 away just yet guys.

Seriously though. I think there's a ton of untapped potential in Anime IPs in general, in this case the Shonen Jump ones which Bandai Namco have (full?) rights to, but they mostly just do half hearted fighting games. An RPG style game with a story that has you going from world to world like KH and building up a party along the way would be the perfect crossover, as long as they go for quality over quantity (5-6 IPs/worlds could be enough really)

Ironically another game I would really want is a fighting game by Bandai Namco, namely a Smash inspired Tales fighting game. The moves in Tales are too perfect a match for that kind of game and they've built up a pretty large cast of great characters over the dozen games.

And then there's Warcraft IV which I've been wanting for 15 years or so, but not certain I'd trust Blizzard to make it anymore.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

I'm ready to say it again but a Kirby x Souls like game with Meta Knight as the protagonist... It just works !

Since this is the Kirby franchise, it'd think it be important to make it more approachable than most Souls like so difficulty wise, a moderate challenge will do.

Though, I'd like to see Kirby's director Shinya Kumazaki go hair wire with the boss designs (He's known for making heldritch/Lovecraftian monster designs in his pastime which inspired some of the Kirby bosses we saw throughout the last few years)

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

MGS6 with kojima working on it. MGS5 gameplay was perfection, they had the ground work done on it and a sequel felt like it easily could be one of the GOAT

Batman games from Rocksteady are over which is Heart breaking for me.

Bloodborn 2 and Sikero 2 these might be made again but probably not.

Last of us 2 with Joel and ellie as the main characters. lol

A new F-Zero. At all. -_-

Around the Network

If Rare was able to create another Blast Corps game that was as good as the N64 original, that might be enough to get me to buy at least a Series S.

archbrix said:

If Rare was able to create another Blast Corps game that was as good as the N64 original, that might be enough to get me to buy at least a Series S.

Or Banjo-Threeie. I'm beginning to think Everwild is never coming out either. Whatever happened to it?

CaptainExplosion said:
archbrix said:

Or Banjo-Threeie. I'm beginning to think Everwild is never coming out either. Whatever happened to it?

With Banjo, there's at least a chance that it could happen.  Even Conker I could see (and Perfect Dark isn't coming from Rare).  But Blast Corps... I doubt that there's enough demand for a game like that, unfortunately.  I loved the N64 original though.  It was one of those games that I wanted to fully complete and collect everything because it felt so rewarding.  I remember thinking that the colorful explosions were the best I'd ever seen at the time.  I can only imagine what a new entry would look like on a modern console with the destructible environments that we have today.

Leynos said:

Metal Gear Rising 2
Zone of the Enders 3
A finished version of Geist Force on Dreamcast.

Actually a really good list.

Half-Life 3, the big one. It'll likely never happen, which is such a shame. The cliffhanger from the end of Episode 2 is still my favorite one in gaming, while simultaneously being my least favorite, due it never being resolved.

I would add to the list; an actual, good Bioware game like in the old days, and a proper Gran Turismo without all the online focus and BS microtransactions and grinding, a fun and engaging football game that isn't from EA or Konami; both have completely lost touch. Oh, and also something to rival Call of Duty, simply to create some much-needed balance in the industry.