By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Final Fantasy XVI Discussion thread! Total Sales top 3 million!!!

-Adonis- said:

IMO : FFVII Rebirth must be a 10/10 or at least a 9,5/10 game. Remake was good but not phenomenal, I give it 17/20. If the sequel isn't really great, the whole remake project for Final Fantasy VII would have been a failure.

I agree FF7 Rebirth has to be a minimum 9/10 game. It needs to be the best RPG to come from the studio since FF10. Unlike other people however, I believe FF7 Remake was an 9/10 game. There were a few nitpicks we can forgive, but the controversal ending has caused concern amongst fans.

For me the combat was phenominal. I feel as long as they continue along the same lines and they can get the story right then they will exceed our expecations.

Around the Network
A203D said:
-Adonis- said:

IMO : FFVII Rebirth must be a 10/10 or at least a 9,5/10 game. Remake was good but not phenomenal, I give it 17/20. If the sequel isn't really great, the whole remake project for Final Fantasy VII would have been a failure.

I agree FF7 Rebirth has to be a minimum 9/10 game. It needs to be the best RPG to come from the studio since FF10. Unlike other people however, I believe FF7 Remake was an 9/10 game. There were a few nitpicks we can forgive, but the controversal ending has caused concern amongst fans.

For me the combat was phenominal. I feel as long as they continue along the same lines and they can get the story right then they will exceed our expecations.

Agreed. The remake was absolutely sublime. FF7 simply has that something that makes it stand out and makes it hard to fuck up. The characters, the story, the music, the materia system, you name it. The changes in Remake were all for the better in my opinion and simply made everything even deeper than before. The new "overstory" has many people worried and I can see how there's potential to go badly off the track here, but at this point I'm cool with it.

I really enjoyed VIIR bar some bloating, the ending and some anime esque voice acting that I didn't love...

My concern with VII Rebirth is that it'll be convoluted fan service which only appeals to the core FFVII fans on a story level. Watching the recent trailer, It feels very deep in a rabbit hole. As a casual fan of the OG, I didn't know what the hell they were talking about. With the novelty of seeing VII fleshed out in modern graphics gone, I think Rebirth is going to have a bit of a rougher ride getting traction.

kazuyamishima said:

Square confirmed that they already covered all cost of FFXVI development in Q1 FY2023 and that from Q2 every sale from the game will be profit.

That's good news indeed.

kazuyamishima said:

Square confirmed that they already covered all cost of FFXVI development in Q1 FY2023 and that from Q2 every sale from the game will be profit.

That's good, I'll be adding to its sales total probably in the Autum after I finish Zelda. I do hope it can maintain legs in the future, its dropped off all charts top 10 charts but hopefully future DLC which expands on the world & Pricecuts can give it visibility and long life. 

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
Xxain said:

Oooooooook!! End game! FINALLY! Fuck the Chronolith trials! These things are the reason I have not updated in like a week or 2

Max Level
All abilities learned and mastered
All Hunts
All quest
All Curiosities
All everything!

47/50 trophies (Beat the game, Beat it again)

I will be wrapping my first run up this evening. What was some of your problems with the story towards the end?

EDIT: By the way I don't recall the story finally giving us the Tee on Bearers in regards to why; What was their intended purpose from the perspective of Ultima?

wait, you maxed out all abilities BEFORE starting NG+? HEck man. Heck.

I'm about 2/3 into NG+ and I have two more abilities to master. 

I had to grind at the end of the game to max everything out. I think it was close to 4 abilities for me not sure. I rushed my NG+ though and was close to 9 levels below everything by the end of the game.

method114 said:
Runa216 said:

wait, you maxed out all abilities BEFORE starting NG+? HEck man. Heck.

I'm about 2/3 into NG+ and I have two more abilities to master. 

I had to grind at the end of the game to max everything out. I think it was close to 4 abilities for me not sure. I rushed my NG+ though and was close to 9 levels below everything by the end of the game.

by the end of NG+ I had 60,000 spare ability points. Felt good. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
method114 said:

lol man that's an insane amount of extra ability points. You must have been grinding for hours.

method114 said:
Runa216 said:

lol man that's an insane amount of extra ability points. You must have been grinding for hours.

nope! but I did use the AP boosting accessories through most of my playthrough. it wasn't until the second half of NG+ that I took them off, realizing I was gonna hit my goal super early. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

kazuyamishima said:

Seems like making it exclusive to PS5 worked out from a cost perspective. Especially since SE praised the hardware and Sony support on multiple occasions.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar