By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Final Fantasy XVI Discussion thread! Total Sales top 3 million!!!

Runa216 said:
method114 said:

lol man that's an insane amount of extra ability points. You must have been grinding for hours.

nope! but I did use the AP boosting accessories through most of my playthrough. it wasn't until the second half of NG+ that I took them off, realizing I was gonna hit my goal super early. 

Hmm I can't remember if I used those accessories or not. I'd be surprised if I didn't but who knows.

Around the Network
A203D said:
-Adonis- said:

IMO : FFVII Rebirth must be a 10/10 or at least a 9,5/10 game. Remake was good but not phenomenal, I give it 17/20. If the sequel isn't really great, the whole remake project for Final Fantasy VII would have been a failure.

I agree FF7 Rebirth has to be a minimum 9/10 game. It needs to be the best RPG to come from the studio since FF10. Unlike other people however, I believe FF7 Remake was an 9/10 game. There were a few nitpicks we can forgive, but the controversal ending has caused concern amongst fans.

For me the combat was phenominal. I feel as long as they continue along the same lines and they can get the story right then they will exceed our expecations.

To be honest, every alternation and change made to FF7's lore is going to be met with some controversy. There's no getting around that.

I should probably take the plunge and play FF XVI this year, right?
I'm planning on getting Rebirth at launch, but XVI could be for later in the year, It goes on sale on PSN every so often, or I could get it physically and check for sales that way.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:

I'm planning on getting Rebirth at launch, but XVI could be for later in the year, It goes on sale on PSN every so often, or I could get it physically and check for sales that way.

It's my favorite FF ever. Just my opinion.

I will even buy it on PC when it will come and with the two DLC of course.

Wman1996 said:

Might as well just wait for after Rebith. I loved 16 though amazing game. 

Last edited by method114 - on 20 February 2024

Around the Network
method114 said:
Wman1996 said:

I am waiting. My Final Fantasy history is as follows.

VII on PS4

VII Remake (Part I of the ongoing remake)

XIV: The main quest of A Realm Reborn and some misc. stuff

VII Remake INTERmission

Final Fantasy IV (PS4): I'm only several dungeons in. I want to get back eventually but it's a cryptic game at times. 

Crisis Core (PS5)

Since my history is so skewed towards VII and that's what I'm interested in, Rebirth will come before XVI. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:
method114 said:

VII on PS4

VII Remake INTERmission

Final Fantasy IV (PS4): I'm only several dungeons in. I want to get back eventually but it's a cryptic game at times. 

Crisis Core (PS5)

Since my history is so skewed towards VII and that's what I'm interested in, Rebirth will come before XVI. 

Not long now brother, about a week to go and it looks like the absolute apex of Final Fantasy.

Wman1996 said:
method114 said:

VII on PS4

VII Remake INTERmission

Crisis Core (PS5)

This is very similar to my own history. Except I never beat the original 7. I think I got to the chocobo race and that's it.

There is only two mods needed on the PC version : Hood always on and no Purple sky (when you know why it happens)

This is the best outfit I have ever seen in a video game.

Its disappointing to hear that the two dlc happens just before ultima fight which means they were cut content!.