By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Final Fantasy XVI Discussion thread! Total Sales top 3 million!!!

I feel not just Ash was lacking, but when you really think about it, the areas of the game are each about the size of two FF12 areas. The thing is, FF12 had like 20 of them, not four. Sure, you have some dungeons you don't return to in FF16, but you had them as well in FF12.

And when everyone is just jumping around in sidequests despite these locations being supposedly hundreds of miles apart, like late Game of Thrones seasons, you just lose all sense of scale.

Around the Network

Honestly needs a PC release to really let the games art style pop in my opinion.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I’m just a few hours into the game and was happy of doing around 10k+ in damage then saw some people on YT doing 1 million+ damage.

I have a long way to go.

Currently 70% in. I am aiming to have my first run done by the next of my next weekend 

1. The Titan fight was beyond incredible. I am wondering how the rest of the Eikon fights are going to come close to that. That was just wow. Again it helps to solidify that this game had to be an action game. That fight would work in a turnbased.

2. I really like Titan Power. I thinks it's my favorite. I mastered all of its skills then equipped it to Phoenix for the to make it more aggressive (Definitely a defensive Eikon)

3.. Had my first game over! I got wrecked by Atlas several times. Beat him on the 4th and that fight was nearly flawless. I got touched a couple times towards the end of the fight due to patience but I had a precision dodgex15. I went Ultra Instinct on his ass.

Around the Network

If you got some Berserk's vibe then it's one of the best game ever. ^^

Last edited by -Adonis- - on 11 July 2023

So I was finishing up the last of the side quests and then it happened, "You have reached maximum level". Disgusting. Why am I hitting max level through the normal course of the game? My plan tomorrow was a short grind session just for fun, and then beat the final boss this weekend. Well guess I just kill the final boss tomorrow and be done with it.

Farsala said:

So I was finishing up the last of the side quests and then it happened, "You have reached maximum level". Disgusting. Why am I hitting max level through the normal course of the game? My plan tomorrow was a short grind session just for fun, and then beat the final boss this weekend. Well guess I just kill the final boss tomorrow and be done with it.

Trust me, you want the levels for NG+/FF Mode if you're not using the auto-rings. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
Farsala said:

ched maximum level". Disgusting. Why am I hitting max level through the normal course of the game? My plan tomorrow was a short grind session just for fun, and then beat the final boss this weekend. Well guess I just kill the final boss tomorrow and be done with it.

Trust me, you want the levels for NG+/FF Mode if you're not using the auto-rings. 

Don't care about NG+ if it is same story.

As promised I finished the game, because there was literally nothing else to do aside from time trials. Overall I would rate it a solid better than FF13 or FF15 out of 10.

But only just. I would write a full critique if my keyboard cooperated, however that is not in the cards today. I am honestly surprised this game got the same score from reviewers as FFVII Remake.

I enjoyed FF16 quite a bit, but I enjoyed FFVII remake that much more.