By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Final Fantasy XVI Discussion thread! Total Sales top 3 million!!!

Ooooooooook! The deed is done friends! Platinum Trophy obtained! Bringing my total play time to 113 hours (91 of those being my original playthrough). 22 hours spent on the Final Fantasy mode. No bad.

I had fun just going through the story beats again with no side stuff. I will definitely miss playing the game but I also very much ready to move on. I will have another thread in the future! Thanks to all those who participated.

Last edited by Xxain - on 02 August 2023

Around the Network

https://www.eurogamer.net/final-fantasy-16-sales-did-not-meet-high-expectations-says-square-enix-president

... So apparently the sales were not as high as they wanted, despite still being a solid start.

I kinda hope it means it will be release on PC faster (but I don't want a rush port of course).

Xxain said:

Ooooooooook! The deed is done friends! Platinum Trophy obtained! Bringing my total play time to 113 hours (91 of those being my original playthrough). 22 hours spent on the Final Fantasy mode. No bad.

I had fun just going through the story beats again with no side stuff. I will definitely miss playing the game but I also very much ready to move on. I will have another thread in the future! Thanks to all those who participated.

Congrats!

I had so much fun playing and getting my FF 16 platinum, that it made me go back to FF 15 and platinum that as well lol

FF16 took me 98 hours. A decent time invested but worth it.

A203D said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/final-fantasy-16-sales-did-not-meet-high-expectations-says-square-enix-president

... So apparently the sales were not as high as they wanted, despite still being a solid start.

Sales were within expectations, which is what is important.

Around the Network

It was a good game and will have good sales, but not the new FF7-like breakout they hoped for. There were a lot of steps in a good direction with 7R and 16 but frankly, SE still needs to do better.

haxxiy said:

It was a good game and will have good sales, but not the new FF7-like breakout they hoped for. There were a lot of steps in a good direction with 7R and 16 but frankly, SE still needs to do better.

Personally, after over a decade, I felt FF7R was in the top 3 games Square Enix have ever produced. Almost everything was perfect. I can agree with concerns about the ending, but for me it captured the spirit of FF7 and uped the ante.

FF16 had good elements but I feel there were a lot of misteps after FF7R.

FFVII Rebirth is going to be a decline imo, so I hope the IX remake is around the corner to offset it.

IMO : FFVII Rebirth must be a 10/10 or at least a 9,5/10 game. Remake was good but not phenomenal, I give it 17/20. If the sequel isn't really great, the whole remake project for Final Fantasy VII would have been a failure.

Square confirmed that they already covered all cost of FFXVI development in Q1 FY2023 and that from Q2 every sale from the game will be profit.