By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console players. A question on preference.

Visual fidelity or framerate

I prefer higher framerates 46 51.69%

I prefer better visuals 19 21.35%

Either way. I'm not picky 24 26.97%

Total:89
Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

No where in this thread did i down play zelda lol. I just pointed out the fact the switch a toaster and once its get more powerful hardware i see no reason it should not be 60fps. if its not 60fps for ps5 they are focused on the wrong things imo.

I suppose.  I don't get the constant need for the "toaster" comment.  I'm not sure what add it has.  Regarding the next zelda on the switch 2....  who knows.  I will say Nintendo typically pushes fps.  Loads of 60 fps games.  

For poor design I'll offer Elden Ring.  Frame rate dips and pop in.  Repetitive catacombs, repeated bosses.  Huge game with copy/paste design.  I'm surprised it scored so well.  Souls is my second favorite franchise.  Elden was meh.

Bethesda games score well despite having clunky combat. Fallout has gotten worse with each entry and is buggy as hell. Then I remember this happened and isn't isolated. Funny enough Jeff got fired from Gamespot for reviewing Kane and Lynch lower than expected for a website being paid to advertise the game.

Another reason to not trust the big sites and meta

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

No where in this thread did i down play zelda lol. I just pointed out the fact the switch a toaster and once its get more powerful hardware i see no reason it should not be 60fps. if its not 60fps for ps5 they are focused on the wrong things imo.

I suppose.  I don't get the constant need for the "toaster" comment.  I'm not sure what add it has.  Regarding the next zelda on the switch 2....  who knows.  I will say Nintendo typically pushes fps.  Loads of 60 fps games.  

For poor design I'll offer Elden Ring.  Frame rate dips and pop in.  Repetitive catacombs, repeated bosses.  Huge game with copy/paste design.  I'm surprised it scored so well.  Souls is my second favorite franchise.  Elden was meh.

All i hear on other forums i visit how amazing it is lol. i just got in the mail yesterday  so i hope your opinion is wrong. I'm actually playing the ps4 version on ps5 so it will be locked 60fps.

Metal Wolf Chaos ia avail now on PS4 and ACVI arrives in August to get a taste of the real From Soft pre Souls. Now if we can just get a port of Frame Gride to modern systems. And Otogi 1-2.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Chrkeller said:

Bethesda games score well despite having clunky combat. Fallout has gotten worse with each entry and is buggy as hell. Then I remember this happened and isn't isolated. Funny enough Jeff got fired from Gamespot for reviewing Kane and Lynch lower than expected for a website being paid to advertise the game.

I mean it's all opinion. I played mario galaxy cause of meta.  That score makes no sense to me. all i can think is nostalgia and great music, its something made where no skill is really needed till near the end and some wack controls. 

Last edited by zeldaring - on 09 June 2023

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

well its just a reminder that switch is ancient tech and switch should 2 will blow it out of the water, so i don't get, the next zelda will be 30fps, clearly the switch being as weak as it is and handling the physics shows its not somethin that requires much cpu power and i think the cpu will be massive jump even bigger then the GPU.

Yeah but you have "reminded" us about 30 times.  I'm pretty sure we all got it the first time.  

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

well its just a reminder that switch is ancient tech and switch should 2 will blow it out of the water, so i don't get, the next zelda will be 30fps, clearly the switch being as weak as it is and handling the physics shows its not somethin that requires much cpu power and i think the cpu will be massive jump even bigger then the GPU.

Yeah but you have "reminded" us about 30 times.  I'm pretty sure we all got it the first time.  

Well i mainly was talking to one person. ill stop using toaster if that makes you feel better

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Well i mainly was talking to one person. ill stop using toaster if that makes you feel better

I'm fine either way.  We share similar software preferences.  I'm just trying to help.  People won't take you seriously if you repeat buzzwords.  Just my 2 cents.

Leynos said:
Chrkeller said:

Fucking disgusting video, fallout 4 is prime example of a game meta being blown because of chills and paid money in games press. Game was horrible, it was the most broken game i tried on last gen, judt way worse than fallout 3 in every way , game ending bug didnt even let me finish a main quest. This turd got gotys left and right lol

Personally, I'm much more bullish on framerate.

Obviously, I like cutting edge visuals as much as the next guy. It's great to have some top of the line eye candy. That said, pretty much all modern games (with a the occasional exception of course lol) really look great. Do some look more amazing than others? Sure. Generally speaking though, we get fantastic looking games across the board in today's day and age. So with that in mind, I really value the smoothness of the experience more than anything else. And of course, just how high the framerate needs to be in order to achieve an ideal level of smoothness varies a bit from game to game, so some can get away with lower targets than others, but broadly speaking...anything under 60 is rather a bit irritating to me at this point.

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

I'm fine either way.  We share similar software preferences.  I'm just trying to help.  People won't take you seriously if you repeat buzzwords.  Just my 2 cents.

That's cool.

you didn't like sikero which is my favorite game of all time lol.