By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console players. A question on preference.

Visual fidelity or framerate

I prefer higher framerates 46 51.69%

I prefer better visuals 19 21.35%

Either way. I'm not picky 24 26.97%

Total:89

Tertis is one of the highest selling games of all time... must have amazing tech nobody can match?

I personally think people confuse pretty with technology. They are not the same thing.

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 09 June 2023

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

Tertis is one of the highest selling games of all time... must have amazing tech nobody can match?

I personally think people confuse pretty with technology. They are the same thing.

My main argument is developers   should stop  pushing tech  and just focus on game design like zelda. thats why i say everything should be at 60fps. like the next zelda for example if switch 2 is 6x  more powerful why would it need to run at 30fps? jedi survivor for example if it  just focused on 60fps instead of pushing graphics  to the limit we could have easily reviewed plus 90 on Metracritic helping its sales. I think we can all agree most open world games are pushing great tech but lacking in game design.

And if we are talking freedom of open world..... minecraft

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

I personally think people confuse pretty with technology. They are the same thing.

My main argument is developers   should stop  pushing tech  and just focus on game design like zelda. thats why i say everything should be at 60fps. like the next zelda for example if switch 2 is 6x  more powerful why would it need to run at 30fps? jedi survivor for example if it  just focused on 60fps instead of pushing graphics  to the limit we could have easily reviewed plus 90 on Metracritic helping its sales. I think we can all agree most open world games are pushing great tech but lacking in game design.

I guess I'm just confused.  You want developers to focus on design and not tech....  but complain about the switch being a "toaster."  That seems like a paradox.  And people are focused on design, tears just launched and demonstrates design.  What you want exists.  

The whole fusion system opens the world up for crazy player innovation.

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

I guess I'm just confused.  You want developers to focus on design and not tech....  but complain about the switch being a "toaster."  That seems like a paradox.  And people are focused on design, tears just launched and demonstrates design.  What you want exists.  

I'm pointing out how one of the best open world games is running on toaster. so imagine if developers focused on game design on those consoles that are 20 times  more powerful, thats why every game should be 60fps cause if its not the developer is focused on the wrong things imo. just look at Red dead 2 on ps4. I'm more then happy if for the next 7 years  on ps5 all looked like that graphically and focused on gameplay/game design.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

I'm pointing out how one of the best open world games is running on toaster. so imagine if developers focused on game design on those consoles that are 20 times  more powerful, thats why every game should be 60fps cause if its not the developer is focused on the wrong things imo. just look at Red dead 2 on ps4. I'm more then happy if for the next 7 years  on ps5 all looked like that graphically and focused on gameplay/game design.

So basically you find certain developers lazy?  Buy the games you want, they exist.  

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

No where in this thread did i down play zelda lol. I just pointed out the fact the switch a toaster and once its get more powerful hardware i see no reason it should not be 60fps. if its not 60fps for ps5 they are focused on the wrong things imo.

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

So basically you find certain developers lazy?  Buy the games you want, they exist.  

I will never call developers lazy but if a developer is bringing only 30fps on PS5 i would call them focused on the wrong things.

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

No where in this thread did i down play zelda lol. I just pointed out the fact the switch a toaster and once its get more powerful hardware i see no reason it should not be 60fps. if its not 60fps for ps5 they are focused on the wrong things imo.

I suppose.  I don't get the constant need for the "toaster" comment.  I'm not sure what add it has.  Regarding the next zelda on the switch 2....  who knows.  I will say Nintendo typically pushes fps.  Loads of 60 fps games.  

For poor design I'll offer Elden Ring.  Frame rate dips and pop in.  Repetitive catacombs, repeated bosses.  Huge game with copy/paste design.  I'm surprised it scored so well.  Souls is my second favorite franchise.  Elden was meh.

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 09 June 2023

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

I suppose.  I don't get the constant need for the "toaster" comment.  I'm not sure what add it has.  Regarding the next zelda on the switch 2....  who knows.  I will say Nintendo typically pushes fps.  Loads of 60 fps games.  

well its just a reminder that switch is ancient tech and switch should 2 will blow it out of the water, so i don't get, the next zelda will be 30fps, clearly the switch being as weak as it is and handling the physics shows its not somethin that requires much cpu power and i think the cpu will be massive jump even bigger then the GPU.