By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console players. A question on preference.

Visual fidelity or framerate

I prefer higher framerates 46 51.69%

I prefer better visuals 19 21.35%

Either way. I'm not picky 24 26.97%

Total:89
Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

Did you notice something is off about the roll in elden ring its like they artificially increased the difficulty by making roll delayed input.  

I can't say I noticed it.  I was playing on the ps5, not sure if that has something to do with it.  I found Elden easy compared to the other souls games.  Except towards end game.

Personally I never found souls as hard as people make them out to be.  The invincibility frames are powerful, just need to understand the system.  Like roll past attacks and not away.  Stay close to where the bosses weapon is.  Souls is all about being aggressive.

I mean there aren't any games AAA games with challenge like dark souls games unless you count GOW in GOW mode. Anyway loving the game so far, the art style and the world are crazy good. Playing as a samurai just makes it even better for me lol. I found this cool under ground  with huge ants, the boss took like 14 tries cause i don't like to use anything but my blade or maybe i suck. I really  don't like it just to much items and useless stuff i wish games would cut this down. Sikero and GOW have much better combat then souls and elden ring imo, but still it a good combat system. Torrent is the best horse in gaming,

Last edited by zeldaring - on 15 June 2023

Around the Network

Yer you definitely fucked your brain if it's impacted your movie viewing experience that much.

Every time I get a new TV I turn all that shit off relating to higher motion, so that you get the cinematic experience not the I am in the room with them experience, or for those aussies on the site the home and away experience (just looks like a cheap TV show). The only time I turn it all on is when watching sport.

Would jump right on the "I am in the room with them" experience. But The AR/VR tech is not there yet and it would probably take a lot of effort to create a film that supports that level of immersion .

Some prefer the raspier sound of a vinyl record to the sound of a CD. I see viewing content in low fps as a similar example. 

On older TVs the picture response time was not as fast as today. The response time lag made movies watched at home look smoother without any frame insertion tricks. OLED panels in particular are very fast in updating the picture based on the input making it more obvious that there are singular still pictures beside each other instead of moving objects. I blame the older TVs for my fucked brain, and the black levels of modern panels for my feeling of watching something grey in the cinema. 

zeldaring said:

haxxiy said:

Never been a huge dark souls fan because of this. The combat just feels so slow compared to sikero or bloodborne. sikero is really the best combat system they ever made and imo the best combat ever in a game, but i'm loving the way the new armored core looks. loving elden ring because of the exploration has been amazing so far but it's not gonna top sikero or bloodborne for me because of slow the combat feels thanks to input lag and roll. the input lag is done on purpose it seems.

I mean, I get that in those games you are supposed to be literally a reanimated corpse so it makes sense being somewhat clunky, but still, I hope if there's ever a DS remake that they include cancels.

haxxiy said:
zeldaring said:

Never been a huge dark souls fan because of this. The combat just feels so slow compared to sikero or bloodborne. sikero is really the best combat system they ever made and imo the best combat ever in a game, but i'm loving the way the new armored core looks. loving elden ring because of the exploration has been amazing so far but it's not gonna top sikero or bloodborne for me because of slow the combat feels thanks to input lag and roll. the input lag is done on purpose it seems.

I mean, I get that in those games you are supposed to be literally a reanimated corpse so it makes sense being somewhat clunky, but still, I hope if there's ever a DS remake that they include cancels.

Cancelling would change what the whole series is going for. Dark souls, and like games, is all about picking when to attack and dodge. if you can cancel anytime the games would be way too easy.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 15 June 2023