By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console players. A question on preference.

Visual fidelity or framerate

I prefer higher framerates 46 51.69%

I prefer better visuals 19 21.35%

Either way. I'm not picky 24 26.97%

Total:89
zeldaring said:
Shaunodon said:

Astral Chain is one of the best action games in recent years, by the kings of the action genre, and has no problem at 30fps.

Forza Horizon games usually launched at 30fps and the most well received racing games on the market. Main reason Forza Horizon 5 didn't is likely because it was cross-gen. Won't shock me if the next launches at 30fps again so they can push more expansive features, if that can increase the gameplay experience. Since that's what gaming is about, the overall experience, not this banal tunnel-visioning on one aspect and some numbers.

Horizon is open world arcade racer show me a competitive fighting game, racing or fps less then 60fps so clearly it does matter and 30fps will be a big downgrade. And basically a death sentences for any of those genres 

Oh are we only here to discuss competitive gaming now? You're free to keep moving the goalposts but I have no interest in addressing semantic based arguments.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I mean, I do like 60fps, but I played Doom 2016 and Eternal on Switch at 30fps and still had an amazing time. Also really enjoyed Sonic Racing Transformed and the Crash Team Racing remake at 30fps.

No one said you can't enjoy them but those 2 doom games are much  better experience at 60fps. I don't know about those other games as I only like Sim racers. Mario kart is fun it needs skill but luck is highly involved as well. If you only have a Switch it's understandable but to me I'm not buying any of those genres at 30fps too many choices at 60fps for me to playing those games at 30fps which feels awful to me. 

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

I mean, I do like 60fps, but I played Doom 2016 and Eternal on Switch at 30fps and still had an amazing time. Also really enjoyed Sonic Racing Transformed and the Crash Team Racing remake at 30fps.

No one said you can't enjoy them but those 2 doom games are much  better experience at 60fps. I don't know about those other games as I only like Sim racers. Mario kart is fun it needs skill but luck is highly involved as well. If you only have a Switch it's understandable but to me I'm not buying any of those genres at 30fps too many choices at 60fps for me to playing those games at 30fps which feels awful to me. 

They don't need 60fps to be a great experience though, they're already great at 30.

You don't have to like 30fps, but for many of us, it's fine and acceptable.

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

They don't need 60fps to be a great experience though, they're already great at 30.

The developers vision was those games to be played at 60fps. Almost every game in those genres run at 60fps.  Many people don't find it acceptable. If the next Cod, gran turismo, doom, and street fighter were 30fps those games would tank so hard and would be massive uproar in the community. For a handheld it's fine you wanna play on the go.

Some games I am fine with 30. Like Xenoblade isn't going to be hurt by that at all. Not going to hurt Zelda either. I never played Doom 2016 in 30 but not something I'd want to try.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:

Some games I am fine with 30. Like Xenoblade isn't going to be hurt by that at all. Not going to hurt Zelda either. I never played Doom 2016 in 30 but not something I'd want to try.

If you play with a controller Doom is more than fine. You would feel the fps with KB+M

I bet if the next mario platformer. Or mario kart was 30fps all of you would be pissed.

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

The developers vision was those games to be played at 60fps. Almost every game in those genres run at 60fps.  Many people don't find it acceptable. If the next Cod, gran turismo, doom, and street fighter were 30fps those games would tank so hard and would be massive uproar in the community. For a handheld it's fine you wanna play on the go.

There are plenty of racing/FPS/action games out there that are 30fps. 

We get it, you think 30fps in unplayable, but you don't need to react like it's an insult when someone says that it's fine to them.

30 fps certainly is playable and acceptable. But 60 fps locked sure is nice.

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

There are plenty of racing/FPS/action games out there that are 30fps. 

We get it, you think 30fps in unplayable, but you don't need to react like it's an insult when someone says that it's fine to them.

I never reacted like its a insult I said its a big down grade in those genres and one poster kept on repeating it doesn't matter. If you thought doom was a very enjoyable on Switch then running at unstable 30fps then you would have rated a 10 on ps4 lol.