By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console players. A question on preference.

Visual fidelity or framerate

I prefer higher framerates 46 51.69%

I prefer better visuals 19 21.35%

Either way. I'm not picky 24 26.97%

Total:89
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Leynos said:

Bethesda games score well despite having clunky combat. Fallout has gotten worse with each entry and is buggy as hell. Then I remember this happened and isn't isolated. Funny enough Jeff got fired from Gamespot for reviewing Kane and Lynch lower than expected for a website being paid to advertise the game.

Another reason to not trust the big sites and meta

Fucking disgusting video, fallout 4 is prime example of a game meta being blown because of chills and paid money in games press. Game was horrible, it was the most broken game i tried on last gen, judt way worse than fallout 3 in every way , game ending bug didnt even let me finish a main quest. This turd got gotys left and right lol

Which path couldn't you complete? I completed 4 different endings, worked better than Fallout NV where I had to back track to a 3 hour older save getting stuck on one path. Fallout NV crashed a lot, never had that with Fallout 4. Fallout 3 was more stable though.

Fallout 4 let me build everything my heart desired

The ultimate game about recycling lol. Collecting stuff all over the map to build more :)

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Fucking disgusting video, fallout 4 is prime example of a game meta being blown because of chills and paid money in games press. Game was horrible, it was the most broken game i tried on last gen, judt way worse than fallout 3 in every way , game ending bug didnt even let me finish a main quest. This turd got gotys left and right lol

Which path couldn't you complete? I completed 4 different endings, worked better than Fallout NV where I had to back track to a 3 hour older save getting stuck on one path. Fallout NV crashed a lot, never had that with Fallout 4. Fallout 3 was more stable though.

Fallout 4 let me build everything my heart desired

The ultimate game about recycling lol. Collecting stuff all over the map to build more :)

On ps4 was hot garbage

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

On ps4 was hot garbage

That's on PS4... Although the animated version of Totoro ran at sub 5fps before the game got patched to make the electricity logic far less laggy. Fps dropped from 20 to about 2 in that busy town when I connected the power station to the display. Until the patch I could only envision what it would look like by only using these 3 test monitors while leaving the big display disconnected

Fps dropped so much the display was just always on.

PS4 Pro finally made it run smooth. Yet I finished the game multiple times on base PS4 before the pro came out. For a Bethesda game is was progress. From restarting Skyrim every 10-15 minutes on ps3 to New Vegas crashing, glitching and progress bugs to Fallout 4 not crashing and remain playable to the end.

But true, compared to Nintendo games Bethesda still has light years to go. (Not really a fair comparison, multi platform isn't easy)

It's more than just being multiplatform.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Chrkeller said:
Norion said:

FPS for sure. After experiencing how amazing 140+ is 60 no longer feels good to me though still feels alright but 30 now generally feels like shit and is genuinely unplayably bad to me in any game with camera movement. For something like an RPG Maker game it's not a big deal but for genres like 3D platformer or FPS it's abysmal.

You should check out the digital foundry video on the recent path tracing update to Cyberpunk. Implementation of RT in most games hasn't been noteworthy so far but within the next decade or so it's gonna cause a huge visual leap when hardware gets good enough for full on path tracing to become the norm.

RT very well may develop and be something special in the future.  All I can say is with ps5 games, RT is meh at best with today's games. I'll take the fps and 120 hz all day.  Ratchet at 120 hz is a sight to behold.

The issue is the PS5 itself. - As it's only using mid-range AMD GPU hardware.
AMD's high-end stuff is notorious for poor-RT capabilities, mid-range hardware is even worst.

So when your first impression of Ray Tracing is a poor one, then of course their view is not going to be great.

Ray Traced global illumination can look absolutely incredible. - It looks next-gen on PC compared to the PS5. - If there is one example of a need of a Playstation 5 "Pro" console, it would be because of Ray Tracing, console gamers are simply missing out and they don't even know it.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Chrkeller said:

RT very well may develop and be something special in the future.  All I can say is with ps5 games, RT is meh at best with today's games. I'll take the fps and 120 hz all day.  Ratchet at 120 hz is a sight to behold.

AMD's high-end stuff is notorious for poor-RT capabilities, mid-range hardware is even worst.

So when your first impression of Ray Tracing is a poor one, then of course their view is not going to be great.

Ray Traced global illumination can look absolutely incredible. - It looks next-gen on PC compared to the PS5. - If there is one example of a need of a Playstation 5 "Pro" console, it would be because of Ray Tracing, console gamers are simply missing out and they don't even know it.

That's nice and all but i'm not going back to 30fps for ray tracing no matter how nice it looks. Even if PS5 pro is a Rya tracing beast unless it can be done ay 60fps i'll pass.

zeldaring said:
Pemalite said:

That's nice and all but i'm not going back to 30fps for ray tracing no matter how nice it looks. Even if PS5 pro is a Rya tracing beast unless it can be done ay 60fps i'll pass.

Tried gaming at 120fps yet?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

Since you only really see the benefits of RT while playing a game, it's almost as impossible to convince people of the benefits as it is to promote VR :/ Screenshots don't do it justice and you tube videos we're conditioned to look at it as pre-rendered stuff. The impact doesn't really hit until you are playing and see proper shadows, lighting and reflections responding to your input. Otherwise you're just trying to show the benefits of HDR on an SDR screen.

Yep, there's lots gamers simply don't know until you have properly tried it! And the RT on consoles is like Google cardboard VR :/ Maybe an indie developer can make a fully ray traced 1080p game, yet AAA games better stop putting time and effort into these mostly unnoticeable improvements that kill the fps.

Pemalite said:
zeldaring said:

Let's try and get 60FPS standard on consoles first lol like 6th gen consoles did

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Pemalite said:
zeldaring said:

My tv only handles 60fps, and since i only own a PS5 i don't wanna get myself used to it. RT is bad tech for current gen consoles because it effects performance way too much. I look at Red dead 2 a ps4 title and still looks better then anything because it's the perfect mix of art style and graphics. pushing RT  too much usually leads to bad performance which = bad gaming experience, really waste of time because games look good enough.