By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Showcase announced for May 24 (Over an hour long, focusing on PS5 and PSVR2 games)

The show will run a bit over an hour, focusing on PS5 and PS VR2 games in development from top studios from around the world. Expect a glimpse at several new creations from PlayStation Studios, as well as spellbinding games from our third-party partners and indie creators.

Link To YouTube

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 24 May 2023

Around the Network

This is the one where MGS3 Remake is supposedly going to be shown. Or if not, then soon after that (around the E3 period.)

This is going to be a banger!

This is going to be a big show. Not sure if they will announce the new ps5 hardware here or focus purely on games for this. Think this is the least we've known about PlayStation's future software line-up going into one of their showcases before so there's going to be a lot of surprises if they don't leak first.

They have to show big considering the unknown going forward this year right now. Although, there will be lots of early announcements for games only coming next year too as well. So I consider this as their biggest Showcase since a few years back

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

My first prediction for the show: Half-Life: Alyx PSVR2.

GIVE ME A STELLAR BLADE RELEASE DATE!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Nice. Will be watching for sure.

Considering the last was a bit over 1.5 years ago this should be big. I wish it was happening a couple weeks later to join the others but it makes sense they want to avoid competing with anyone else for the spotlight and it can still be considered an early start to the presentations for this year.

Considering the time without big announcements and how many studios/teams from Sony haven't announced a title for a long time I expect this to have quite a number of titles but nothing for 2023 as going from their earning calls that SM2 is the only AAA 1st party expected for this year.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."