By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade 3 expansion, Future Redeemed, out now

I am chapter 6 of the main gme  now with over 98 hours. its the best JRPG i have played this gen and last. cant wait for the dlc!  Game taking too long to end XD

Around the Network

Fair enough . The high-class british accent is great but the others are cringe worthy. Nintendo america need to stop being lazy and localize it with the american voices 

curl-6 said:

Just played through the first hour, so far it's excellent.

Matthew and A are a likeable duo with fun chemistry, and the new system of rewarding practically every activity with AP is a good way to incentivise a more thorough and varied style of play; I already find myself going out of my way to kill specific enemies and explore every nook and cranny.

dane007 said:

My only gripe with this game is the damn voice acting. Its annoying at time haa. I dont know their obsession with british voice acting.

British VA became part of the series' identity since Nintendo of America initially declined to localize the first game on Wii, leaving Nintendo of Europe to handle the English version instead. Xenoblade 2 and 3 carry this on as a tradition.

dane007 said:

Fair enough . The high-class british accent is great but the others are cringe worthy. Nintendo america need to stop being lazy and localize it with the american voices 

curl-6 said:

Just played through the first hour, so far it's excellent.

Matthew and A are a likeable duo with fun chemistry, and the new system of rewarding practically every activity with AP is a good way to incentivise a more thorough and varied style of play; I already find myself going out of my way to kill specific enemies and explore every nook and cranny.

British VA became part of the series' identity since Nintendo of America initially declined to localize the first game on Wii, leaving Nintendo of Europe to handle the English version instead. Xenoblade 2 and 3 carry this on as a tradition.

Eh, to each their own, personally I find British accents nicer to listen to and American ones don't fit a fantasy setting in my opinion. At this stage I feel it's less Nintendo of America being lazy and more just series tradition.

Selfishly speaking, I don't like that this came out so close to Tears of the Kingdom. I've only put about an hour into Future Redeemed, largely because most of my Switch playtime recently has been Tears of the Kingdom.
The beginning is slow so far, but that seems pretty par for the course in Xenoblade.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Leynos said:

Elma got snubbed because they made X not a canon sequel. Well make one and port it over!

Tetusya Takahashi’s Xenogears and Xenosaga franchises are significantly more story focused than any of the Xenoblade games.

The irony of Xenoblade Chronicles X being (what many would consider) the least story focused game, is that it’s the most Tetsuya Takahashi Xeno feeling game out of all of Xenoblade games.

Just my opinion, but I think Elma is, perhaps, the most interesting and underrated character of the whole Xenoblade franchise.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Wman1996 said:

Selfishly speaking, I don't like that this came out so close to Tears of the Kingdom. I've only put about an hour into Future Redeemed, largely because most of my Switch playtime recently has been Tears of the Kingdom.
The beginning is slow so far, but that seems pretty par for the course in Xenoblade.

When they dropped the release date, I was midway through my 2nd Breath of the Wild playthrough in preparation for Tears of the Kingdom! XD

I was like "SHIT!" And I spent my days off staying up late plowing through that playthrough so that I could be ready for Future Redeemed, and then plow through THAT JUST IN TIME for Tears of the Kingdom! XD

As a result, it's already been a month and a half and I'm only about halfway through!