By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade 3 expansion, Future Redeemed, out now

Hoping for physical release... Looks amazing!

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

So will there be a physical version or not, at least later on?

Fingers crossed that Nintendo doesn't pull a Sega, because it looks like the Etrian Odyssey HD collection will be digital-only. The XC3 expansion was touted as being roughly equal in size of the XC2 expansion.

https://www.play-asia.com/etrian-odyssey-origins-collection-multi-language/13/70g00p

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

As much as I loved the base game and look forward to playing this, I'm almost a little annoyed they're dropping what could be a 20+ hour adventure just 16 days before Zelda, no way will I finish this in time lmao
It's an interesting choice releasing this now instead of holding onto it for later in the year. Hopefully it's a sign they have plenty of unannounced content for the second half of 2023.

Anyway, if this manages to maintain the quality of the base game like Torna did for Xenoblade 2, then we're in for a treat.

To be frank, what could Nintendo possibly have planned for later this year that they'd need to use the Xenoblade 3 DLC card right now instead of waiting on it for this autumn ?

Though, this also means the expansion pass schedule was greatly exaggerated since they outline the 4th wave to be out by the end of this year which you'd think they would gun for instead.

At least, it prolly means that Monolith Soft already has one of it's core team working on another project as we speak since Xenoblade 3 released at the most.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

PAOerfulone said:
JWeinCom said:

Not quite on topic but, 

Spoiler!
Did Rex knock up Pyra, Mythra, and Nia? Seems to be the implication of X3's ending.

Yyyyep! XD

Spoiler!
GIGACHAD REX FOR THE WIN!!!
Spoiler!
Does seem like a harem anime at times. Kind of a trope in JRPS with an army of females all fighting over one awkward guy. Plenty of penis out there ladies.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
PAOerfulone said:

Yyyyep! XD

Spoiler!
GIGACHAD REX FOR THE WIN!!!
Spoiler!
Does seem like a harem anime at times. Kind of a trope in JRPS with an army of females all fighting over one awkward guy. Plenty of penis out there ladies.

But only one has a big world saving sword.

RolStoppable said:

So will there be a physical version or not, at least later on?

Fingers crossed that Nintendo doesn't pull a Sega, because it looks like the Etrian Odyssey HD collection will be digital-only. The XC3 expansion was touted as being roughly equal in size of the XC2 expansion.

Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection does get a physical release in Japan at least.

I doubt Future Redeemed is getting a physical release anywhere though. 

It will be interesting to see how returning characters like Shulk, Rex, and Alvis are handled.
Base Xenoblade 3 had strong character writing so hopefully the expansion continues this.

Elma got snubbed because they made X not a canon sequel. Well make one and port it over!

I feel in a very weird spot with this DLC. Xenoblade 3 is the only game in the series I've enjoyed so far, with 1 being a letdown and absolutely despising just about everything in 2. It's kind of disappointing that 3's only story DLC is going to be a continuation of those 2 games rather than 3 itself, but I guess I'll give it a try.