By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 11, 2023 (Mar 06 - Mar 12)

PS5 gradually dropping now. Wonder if there was just a lot of pent up demand from low supply that is now being all met and PS5 will drift back to baseline of like

Around the Network
Slownenberg said:

PS5 gradually dropping now. Wonder if there was just a lot of pent up demand from low supply that is now being all met and PS5 will drift back to baseline of like
Thinking Switch baseline this year will be just like 50k probably.

Let's see if PS5 has a bump next week thanks to RE4 Remake!

Nice to see a console outside of Nintendo handhelds/hybrids doing well in Japan consistently! Hoping it has a strong baseline.

mM

Fatal frame and IB in the top 10
    You love to see it

Around the Network

Series X dominating the S, so much for the console size theory lol. High specs (at least for home consoles) seem to be valued more than a low price point even in Japan. Mobile phone craze may have turned people less price sensitive in most countries.

Nintendo can take advantage of this and launch a truly powerful Switch 2 at $399 minimum. I actually think they would still see crazy levels of success with a super powerful $499+ Switch 2, but I don't know if they would dare.

I took a free time in my job to check if the Famitsu post was posted on VG Chartz. And I got the best news of this day: Ib on top 10, with 9k.

For those who don't know Ib is a quite old game made on RPG Maker. It was remade for Steam and now Switch. Back in 2012-2013, a lot of my favorite Youtube channels were playing it. I loved to watch them, after playing it myself. This game had a lot of impact on me.

I wasn't expecting it to chart this high, since it is a very old game that used to be free to play. Very good news!

ShadowLink93 said:

Despite the slow start to the year, Switch has been doing well over the past 4 weeks.  This is the 3rd best year for weeks 8-11.

Fad is about to be over

Switch holding up really well considering it's practically a senior citizen at this point.
      Earlier this year I felt it was running up against saturation, but maybe not just yet.