By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What console has the best startup sequence?

Some startups I like:

Around the Network

Gamecube is my personal favorite. I do really like the PS1 as well. The wind instrument at the end feels very cultish or spiritual in a sense--like it's a call to worship at the altar of Playstation.

Original Xbox.

It's so badass, like a nuclear reactor firing up, and really captures the feeling of power and "hardcore" vibe the brand had back then.

PS1 and GameCube (I held the A button a moment before the end of the animation for a quirky added effect!)

Last edited by Kyuu - on 26 February 2023

Oooh, good question. Top three for me:

1. PS1 - Sounds so technological. Like a declaration that the little console unit is a piece of tech with circuits and processing units. Nice and meaty in duration too.
2. XBox - You're dealing with power! Inside the console is an energy source capable of great strength and fury and only XBox can contain it! Handle with caution!
3. PS2 - Similar to the PS1 start up but not as lengthy or meaty. I love the artificiality of the start up chimes, fitting for what is a box of computer machinery.

Around the Network

Sega Dreamcast

Gamecube and PS1.

And the original Game Boy. One of the single most recognizable sounds in gaming.

It's between Dreamcast and PS1 for me.

curl-6 said:

Original Xbox.

It's so badass, like a nuclear reactor firing up, and really captures the feeling of power and "hardcore" vibe the brand had back then.

I never had an Xbox, but whoa, that's a cool one!

I'm digging the xbox series intro. It gives me the dolby intro vibes, especially when the volume is up loud.