By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What console has the best startup sequence?

Norion said:

I'm pretty partial to the GBA one. Gen 6 really knocked it out of the park with these.

There's something so simple, yet so charming and encaptivating about the GBA that it's hard to explain.

Also you're right. Gen 6 has the best intros, from Dreamcast to Gamecube they're all fantasic.

Around the Network
Poliwrathlord said:
Norion said:

I'm pretty partial to the GBA one. Gen 6 really knocked it out of the park with these.

There's something so simple, yet so charming and encaptivating about the GBA that it's hard to explain.

Also you're right. Gen 6 has the best intros, from Dreamcast to Gamecube they're all fantasic.

Shame it's been a massive step down since then.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Here's an overview (without Sega or more obscure consoles, sadly):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hru1FjQUkpI

PS5 and XS missing since the video was made before their release, while NES, SNES and N64 technically didn't have one. I wonder why no OG Gameboy though...

Why did you chose such terrible video with a big amount of videos listing them all ? 

Such as this one

SKMBlake said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Here's an overview (without Sega or more obscure consoles, sadly):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hru1FjQUkpI

PS5 and XS missing since the video was made before their release, while NES, SNES and N64 technically didn't have one. I wonder why no OG Gameboy though...

Why did you chose such terrible video with a big amount of videos listing them all ? 

Such as this one

Well, that one showed up on youtube without having to search specifically for it, so I simply took that one.

I originally wanted to say something really short, like switch or ps5, bc I’m not really big on start up sequences. When I start up a video game system, it’s to play the games, not watch a start up sequence….

But something about that GameCube startup really brings me back to a great time and a damn good system. Gotta go GameCube.

Around the Network

For me it'll always be GameCube.