By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What console has the best startup sequence?

PS1

They managed to do something so unique that even Sony couldn't do it again

Around the Network

Game Cube is great and "kinda cute", but PS1 is the most iconic and classic.

PS1 for me.

Last edited by Manlytears - on 27 February 2023

PS1 by a mile for me lol. Maaaaaybe I would put the original Xbox at 2nd place.

PS2 and GameCube at the top. I'll also add Xbox and PS1.

I love the startup chimes of the GB, GBA, DS, and I suppose even the 3DS (least memorable).

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

GC is the best.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

PS1

I like the PS2 one as well. But it also gives me PTSD because of this.

I remember that feeling of dread when the boot screen would take a little too long to transition to the game.

Signature goes here!

gtotheunit91 said:

All I can think of when I see the Xbox startup is the early 2000's thing of words being spelt wrong, Xtreme Gamez and young teens with gelled hair and skateboards.

It reminds me too much of the cringe way games were marketed back then. I can imagine the people designing the xbox opening thinking how radical and explosive it was to appeal to the kids.

Zippy6 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

All I can think of when I see the Xbox startup is the early 2000's thing of words being spelt wrong, Xtreme Gamez and young teens with gelled hair and skateboards.

It reminds me too much of the cringe way games were marketed back then. I can imagine the people designing the xbox opening thinking how radical and explosive it was to appeal to the kids.

you are 100% right! That was really the demographic Xbox was targeting at the time. Whether the UI when you booted up the demo disc, the commercials including the dude who made the official video explaining how Xbox LIVE worked, it was all cringe by today's standards. But in those days, it was just fun lol. I was a pre-teen when Xbox released and I personally loved all the cliche's because the marketing wasn't taking itself too seriously. It was focused on stupid fun. 

I wouldn't want that type of marketing to come back though. It had its time. 

TruckOSaurus said:
Hiku said:

PS1

I like the PS2 one as well. But it also gives me PTSD because of this.

I remember that feeling of dread when the boot screen would take a little too long to transition to the game.

Exactly.
The longest 3 seconds of my life.

Last edited by Hiku - on 27 February 2023

The Gamecube one made me smile, so I have to go with that one. The PS1 and PS2 are pretty cool though.