By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Shtinamin_ said:

So why doesn't America stop using political parties?

From the parties perspective:
Power.  Power is more more easily obtained and retained when it is centralized between limited options. 

From the constituents perspective:
Apathy.  It allows people to simplify their political energy.  Hours of research on a candidates' political platform or simply looking at which letter is beside their name?

To the privileged, equality feels like oppression. 

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:

You probably going to need to define what you mean by family because family can mean a lot of things and while you are at it define what you consider as being dysfunctional that you believe is happening.

I define in a post, this post below.

Shtinamin_ said:
sundin13 said:

Criticizing the "dysfunction of the family unit" as others have said often sounds like a bit of a dog whistle, but I would like you to explain what you mean by this before I respond to it or criticize. So, care to explain plainly what "the dysfunction of the family unit" means to you?

I should have used the word disintegration, I hope you can excuse my lack of using the correct term (I was trying to remember the word disintegration but couldn't until now).
The disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations great calamities. Hence why I said the destruction of the United States of America.

I don't care what people are told to do (in a informational setting), I personally like to learn for myself, ponder the studying, and find examples, and understand what will be a consequence (good or bad). No one likes a sheeple.

In order for me to fully explain, I would have to go to topics that aren't political, so I'll just give the basic idea.
I firmly believe that the family is a fundamental unit in society. A common family is one with a man and a woman legally bonded in matrimony, that respect and preserve their marital vows with complete fidelity, with the want to have children (and eventually, hopefully, do), and the parents teach their children. Both parents are to help one another as equal partners as well. Disability, death, or other circumstances may necessitate individual adaptation.

I search for responsible citizens and officers of government everywhere (and hopefuly they are some) that promote those measures designed to maintain and strengthen the family as the fundamental unit of society.

This disintegration of the family leads to calamities for any community, or nation.
Here are just some:

A disintegration is the lack of protecting it.
This disintegration comes from:

• Lack of family responsibilities (Equal partnership, sexual commitment to the partner, two parent household, divorcing, parents not protecting their families nor providing the necessities of life nor nurturing children, abandonment, domestic and sexual violence, cohabitation, etc.)
  • Lack of teaching values to the children (forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, wholesome recreational activities, faith, hope, charity, virtue, knowledge, patience, humility, diligence, obedience, honesty, trust, how to overcome addiction, how to be law-abiding citizens, etc.)

There are scenarios where a divorce is better than a hated marriage, but I'm focusing on the commonalities. 
And disability, death, or other circumstances may necessitate individual adaptation. Hopefully extended families can lend support when needed.

Thank you for that question! I think it's an underlying problem that many do not see.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Shtinamin_ said:
LurkerJ said:

Nothing is destroying the family units in the west as much as the housing crisis, poor public services, stagnant wages, and falling standards of living. The LGBT community can't be blamed for any of this, 

I never blamed the LGBTQIA2+ community. Why are you assuming that?
There are so many people in the world, not just in the U.S.A. that are not protecting the idea of the family. And the rest that you mention is from pride from political leaders.

So your defense is that you are only partially blaming the LGBT community? If you argue that a move away from "a common family" with "a man and a woman" will lead to the destruction of the USA, how is that not at least in part saying that the parts of the LGBT community who don't fit that definition are partially to blame for this destruction?

And please explain what exactly you mean when you talk about "pride from political leaders".

sundin13 said:
Shtinamin_ said:

I never blamed the LGBTQIA2+ community. Why are you assuming that?
There are so many people in the world, not just in the U.S.A. that are not protecting the idea of the family. And the rest that you mention is from pride from political leaders.

So your defense is that you are only partially blaming the LGBT community? If you argue that a move away from "a common family" with "a man and a woman" will lead to the destruction of the USA, how is that not at least in part saying that the parts of the LGBT community who don't fit that definition are partially to blame for this destruction?

And please explain what exactly you mean when you talk about "pride from political leaders".

Same-sex attraction is a sensitive issue that requires kindness, compassion and understanding. And demands of people who don't to show love to them. The experience of same-sex attraction is a complex reality for many people.

I said "A common family" as an example, there are other kinds of family.

The U.S. has declared same-sex marriage legal and everyone may do as they please, just be aware of the those family members in the LGBTQIA2+ community also have the responsibility to teach their children (adopted, reared, etc.) positive values, and other family responsibilities as I have listed in my post above yours (provided below).

• "Lack of family responsibilities (Equal partnership, sexual commitment to the partner, two parent household, divorcing, parents not protecting their families nor providing the necessities of life nor nurturing children, abandonment, domestic and sexual violence, cohabitation, etc.)
  • Lack of teaching values to the children (forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, wholesome recreational activities, faith, hope, charity, virtue, knowledge, patience, humility, diligence, obedience, honesty, trust, how to overcome addiction, how to be law-abiding citizens, etc.)"

In regards to me saying "Pride from Political Leaders", I was referring to LukerJ's post about housing crisis, poor public services, stagnant wages, and falling standards of living. Most of (if not all) those problems arise from political leaders focusing on themselves, money, fame, land, power, etc.

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Shtinamin_ said:
Runa216 said:

oh it's 100% a homophobic dog whistle. Honestly, it's so well known I don't even know why they bother using it anymore. The idea is to use tamer, coded words to cover the bigoty they mean, but everyone knows this is just anti-LGBT dogwhistling. 

Ok. Why is it a dog whistle?

"The idea is to use tamer, coded words to cover the bigoty they mean,"

A Dog whistle is when a bigot uses cleansed language to make their terrible beliefs more palatable for a wider audience in order to lure them in and indoctrinate them to the bigotry. 

"A collapse of the familiy unit" is a well known dog whistle referring to the idea that gay marriage and other non-traditional relationship paradigms will somehow destroy the concept of the nuclear family. You know this. How could you not? And the fact that you're calling me out and demanding I explain is part of the grift. Now you can look at what I'm saying and act all innocent like 'no that's not what I mean at all, you're reading too much into it and putting words in my mouth! Woe is me, I'm SUCH a victim here that you accuse me of such a thing with such unsubstantiated assumption!" 

I'm not mistaken. that's what that means. The deniability is part of the strategy. but at this point everyone knows about it, everyone recognizes it, and it's honestly pretty shitty that you're using this terminology in order to instill this idea that the traditional family unit is under attack. This is why conservatives are so commonly seen as villains in modern society. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Shtinamin_ said:

I define in a post, this post below.

This disintegration of the family leads to calamities for any community, or nation.
Here are just some:

A disintegration is the lack of protecting it.
This disintegration comes from:

• Lack of family responsibilities (Equal partnership, sexual commitment to the partner, two parent household, divorcing, parents not protecting their families nor providing the necessities of life nor nurturing children, abandonment, domestic and sexual violence, cohabitation, etc.)
  • Lack of teaching values to the children (forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, wholesome recreational activities, faith, hope, charity, virtue, knowledge, patience, humility, diligence, obedience, honesty, trust, how to overcome addiction, how to be law-abiding citizens, etc.)

There are scenarios where a divorce is better than a hated marriage, but I'm focusing on the commonalities. 
And disability, death, or other circumstances may necessitate individual adaptation. Hopefully extended families can lend support when needed.

Thank you for that question! I think it's an underlying problem that many do not see.

I would blame it more on the rise of individualism, social media and the internet in general.

"It takes a village to raise a child" and that 'village' has been disintegrating. Defunding schools, after school projects, local events, neighborhood events. We used to hang out with other kids and their families when growing up, which gives you much more exposure to other ideas and cultures than hanging out online. Neighborhoods have turned into homogeneous gated communities, kids are told to stay inside. Urban sprawl has moved everyone away from each other, far less integration and mixed households compared to 40 years ago.

The family isn't disintegrating, but is under a lot more stress nowadays. All the things you mention happened 40 years ago as well, but the neighborhood was far more invested into the well being of their neighbors. (Mostly through gossip lol) People don't have time for their neighbors anymore, both parents working multiple jobs, barely hanging on keeping up with the bills.

Social media has replaced traditional support systems. And it's all too easy to fall into echo chambers on social media. There is no course correction there, mostly reinforcement of bad ideas.

Runa216 said:
Shtinamin_ said:

Ok. Why is it a dog whistle?

"The idea is to use tamer, coded words to cover the bigoty they mean,"

A Dog whistle is when a bigot uses cleansed language to make their terrible beliefs more palatable for a wider audience in order to lure them in and indoctrinate them to the bigotry. 

"A collapse of the familiy unit" is a well known dog whistle referring to the idea that gay marriage and other non-traditional relationship paradigms will somehow destroy the concept of the nuclear family. You know this. How could you not? And the fact that you're calling me out and demanding I explain is part of the grift. Now you can look at what I'm saying and act all innocent like 'no that's not what I mean at all, you're reading too much into it and putting words in my mouth! Woe is me, I'm SUCH a victim here that you accuse me of such a thing with such unsubstantiated assumption!" 

I'm not mistaken. that's what that means. The deniability is part of the strategy. but at this point everyone knows about it, everyone recognizes it, and it's honestly pretty shitty that you're using this terminology in order to instill this idea that the traditional family unit is under attack. This is why conservatives are so commonly seen as villains in modern society. 

Runa216, thank you for giving me the definition. I honestly didn’t know what a dog whistle was, which is why I asked.

I do hope you can reread my posts, ponder the message, and learn from it. As I do when I read any post.

I hope you have an excellent day! Thank you. :)

(I hope none of my posts had a single glint of hatred, texting in a curious and firm voice is difficult).

Stochastic terrorism in real time. A right wing vigilante group being interviewed by Fox News about migrants assaults a man live on camera, claiming he's a shoplifting migrant (he's neither). Hannity eggs them on.

When are we finally going to crest this hill, I wonder?

Ryuu96 said:
LurkerJ said:

Nothing is destroying the family units in the west as much as the housing crisis, poor public services, stagnant wages, and falling standards of living. The LGBT community can't be blamed for any of this, 

Spot on.

Who the hell can afford to have a baby nowadays, there are so few available houses and when you do finally find one, you'll have to sell your kidney to afford it, you'll work for minimum wage and barely be able to afford to feed yourself, let alone another life, all your money goes towards bills, nothing left over for yourself.

Even so, still unsure how less marriages and less children results in the destruction of America

This is all because of the LGBT couple down the street, that is a fact and facts do not care about your feeling. This message is approved by Ben Shapiro.

In all seriousness, we have chosen to invite the private industry to solve our problems, and this includes housing. Despite the overwhelming evidence that privatisation has not resulted in better standards, headlines like this are way too frequent and we see in all industries. The government let go of sources of income and investments, invite private businesses, these private businesses frequently fail, the taxpayer subsidies the failure, rinse, repeat. Since the government has no sources of income besides the taxpayer says they can't make money on selling water or electricity anymore, so our taxes go up because how else the country is going to generate income. 

You might ask why I am talking about this, but this is actually the heart of the the issue, and in recent times, asset management companies like like Blackrock and Vanguard have turned their attention to housing and hell has been let loose, all while public housing builds are suppressed at low levels. 

If this continues, we won't any of the infrastructures of our countries. It's obscene, we seem to be creating 10 self-inflicted problems per decade and at best, a politician solves one of those 10 problems once in a while. Very few politicians even mention the role of privatisation (and subsequent take over by asset management companies) in inflation and why it can't be contained :  

I saw some headlines about some bills in the last few years I'm not sure if any of them have materialised. 

Shtinamin_ said:
sundin13 said:

Same-sex attraction is a sensitive issue that requires kindness, compassion and understanding. And demands of people who don't to show love to them. The experience of same-sex attraction is a complex reality for many people.

I said "A common family" as an example, there are other kinds of family.

The U.S. has declared same-sex marriage legal and everyone may do as they please, just be aware of the those family members in the LGBTQIA2+ community also have the responsibility to teach their children (adopted, reared, etc.) positive values, and other family responsibilities as I have listed in my post above yours (provided below).

• "Lack of family responsibilities (Equal partnership, sexual commitment to the partner, two parent household, divorcing, parents not protecting their families nor providing the necessities of life nor nurturing children, abandonment, domestic and sexual violence, cohabitation, etc.)
  • Lack of teaching values to the children (forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, wholesome recreational activities, faith, hope, charity, virtue, knowledge, patience, humility, diligence, obedience, honesty, trust, how to overcome addiction, how to be law-abiding citizens, etc.)"

In regards to me saying "Pride from Political Leaders", I was referring to LukerJ's post about housing crisis, poor public services, stagnant wages, and falling standards of living. Most of (if not all) those problems arise from political leaders focusing on themselves, money, fame, land, power, etc

Okay, honestly pretty reasonable answer. I think in the future you should watch out for using certain language if you don't mean what has been coded into it, but I don't have a ton to criticize about this. Maybe we'd be able to get into some differences if you laid out what policies you support and who you think best represents what you are looking for, but in the abstract, yeah, this is fine?