By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation State of Play February 23 2023

Link to VG Chartz Article

It will have new Playstation VR2 announcements, some 3rd party games, and an extended look at Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.

What are your predictions?

Around the Network

Last two State of Plays were surprisingly good lol. I think this SoP will be similar in terms of having a few worthwhile announcements:

- Updates on indies like Little Devil Inside and Goodbye Volcano High
- Some third party/indie exclusives being announced (HellDivers 2)
- Silent Hill demo reveal and shadow drop with a PSVR2 mode
- Exclusive DLC/character for the PlayStation version of Suicide Squad

Not expecting anything of note. Still waiting on their showcase which should be coming sometime in the next 3-ish months.

STELLAR BLADE PLZ!

Omega Boost for PS Premium plz!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

PotentHerbs said:

Last two State of Plays were surprisingly good lol. I think this SoP will be similar in terms of having a few worthwhile announcements:

I'd say my thoughts align closely with this.

I expect all the VR titles to be Indies, but I hope to see MoH and HL Alyx ports alongside a Hitman 3 PSVR2 announcement.

Helldivers 2 and SH make a lot of sense. 

SS marketing is a big get for Sony. If the game reviews well, that'll be another winner for them.

I hope for another Horizon DLC trailer.

Otherwise, I'm cool with anything. Not like I have a PS5 yet lol

Around the Network

Honestly after this PS Plus update, GT7 update and PSVR2 launch, it'll be hard to make some more impact.

These have been getting better lately so I'm actually kinda excited for it. It being the same length as a Nintendo direct is noteworthy but a lot of that is gonna be on one game. Still half an hour of other stuff though.

Hoping for Dragon Quest 3 2D-HD trailer with a release date soon. For VR hoping to see Half-Life Alyx announced.

PotentHerbs said:

Best version of how things could somewhat realistically turn out. Looking forward to little devil inside. And Silent Hill 2 in VR would be such a dream. An absolute dream. That they actually remake the second one feels almost unreal already. But vr? What a treat that would be. Surely one of my favourite games of all time.

I just don't care for suicide squad. Did not play any of the Batman games. And this feels significantly less exciting. I hope it turns out okay. Or at least better received than that Avemgers-game.

I hope we get some good third party announcements/surprises.

Hoping for FF9 remake or FFTactics Rebirth announcement sometime this year if not at this show.