By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Prime Remastered out on Switch... today (Digital, physical 22nd of Feb)

mZuzek said:
Hynad said:

The game aged so well. Let’s hope Nintendo takes note and produce actual remasters of the 2 sequels instead of the rumoured up-resed ports.

Imagine going through Echoes’ two worlds in a more seem-less manner, instead of having to endlessly go through the same teleporting animation… An actual remaster/remake of the game could fix that lengthy sequence and make the game that much more enjoyable to navigate.

My biggest fear if they do a Prime 2 remaster, is not doing exactly this... since despite Prime 1 having no loading between rooms anymore, they still kept the elevator transitions the same. Those dark world loading screens were a real pain in Echoes.

If there's one other thing I wished they changed in it, but they won't, is the auto-healing inside light beacons. I get why they put that in the game, to ensure the dark world isn't too hard, it's almost a failsafe method of ensuring the player can always progress even if short on E-tanks or whatever. But it's tedious. Replaces what should be an intense atmosphere, with... waiting. Like, putting the controller down and picking up your phone kind of waiting. It just kills the mood. It'd be much better if they replaced it with, say, more things you can shoot for energy drops.

Think with those changes Prime 2 would be nearly perfect. But even without them, it's such a great game. I'm watching a friend play through the Gamecube version and he just got to the Sanctuary Fortress, it's crazy to think what it'd look like if they give it a remaster.

And yeah Prime 3 as well... Prime 3 already had a lot going for it visually, Bryyo, Skytown, Pirate Homeworld, these places looked super cool. Really hope we get all games remastered.

One of the things I liked most about Prime 3 was how beams stacked instead of you having to constantly switch. Prime 1 has some questionable doors in the later parts of the game where they seemingly put different coloured ones just for the sake of having you switch beams.

Around the Network

Hynad said:

One of the things I liked most about Prime 3 was how beams stacked instead of you having to constantly switch. Prime 1 has some questionable doors in the later parts of the game where they seemingly put different coloured ones just for the sake of having you switch beams.

I agree that the doors in Prime 1 (and 2) are really inconvenient in the late game. I don't mind the beam switching in enemies and bosses, but it gets annoying with the doors, especially when they keep changing colors even in areas when the devs know for sure the player has all of them already. Always bothered me how the doors would revert to blue after opening them once, I think they did it like that because they wanted to keep beam switching in the players' muscle memory.

Nintendo must have seriously underestimated demand for this game. The physical edition is sold out everywhere. I didn't have the money to pick up a copy this week. Hopefully there's restocks soon, because the only way to get a copy it seems is through scalpers who are selling it at a 100% markup.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

Apparently Amazon is delaying shipping of the game for weeks if not months! 100% Nintendo underestimated the demand and did not provide enough stock. I couldn't even pre-order the game in person at GameStop. I could only do it online. I got the email showing it shipped, but no tracking information and even GameStop's site is not showing as shipped.

Got a bad feeling this will be a huge cluster lol. Gotta love the hype these days around Metroid though! Hoping I get my copy at least somewhat soon lol

Bastards! 

Around the Network
Kslost said:

Looks like the physical copies sold out quickly, I’ve seen people complaining about it. Who all held out for the physical copy?

Looks like they’re selling for around $80 on eBay.

Fucking scalpers. -_-

gtotheunit91 said:

Bastards! 

Yeah people take advantage of Nintendo game shortages.  I was lucky enough to catch a preorder for Zelda TOTK collectors edition but I see it’s already selling as a PREORDER on eBay for around double.  The audacity.

Kslost said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Bastards! 

Yeah people take advantage of Nintendo game shortages.  I was lucky enough to catch a preorder for Zelda TOTK collectors edition but I see it’s already selling as a PREORDER on eBay for around double.  The audacity.

Isn't there a law against these fuckers?

In the meantime, there's a few copies left at my local GameStop and the Walmart has a good stack of them ...

I feel like the situation is not the same everywhere 😅

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Ohh hopefully that means it is getting real good sales. With Dread easily beating Metroid Prime's sales record and now Prime Remastered seemingly selling well hopefully that means Metroid as a series is picking up new fans. Could be leading to Prime 4 actually selling really well whenever it comes out.

Though I wonder how many physical copies Nintendo shipped. Maybe since it launched digital first perhaps they figured most of the launch sales would be digital. Hopefully we get some numbers on the sales of this soon before waiting for April to hear quarterly numbers.