By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Prime Remastered out on Switch... today (Digital, physical 22nd of Feb)

Slownenberg said:

Ohh hopefully that means it is getting real good sales. With Dread easily beating Metroid Prime's sales record and now Prime Remastered seemingly selling well hopefully that means Metroid as a series is picking up new fans. Could be leading to Prime 4 actually selling really well whenever it comes out.

Though I wonder how many physical copies Nintendo shipped. Maybe since it launched digital first perhaps they figured most of the launch sales would be digital. Hopefully we get some numbers on the sales of this soon before waiting for April to hear quarterly numbers.

If Nintendo cares about their customers they'll ship more physical copies of Metroid Prime Remastered.

Around the Network

Imagine if Dread beat Prime's record as best selling Metroid game after nearly 20 years, only to then be dethroned by Prime Remastered less than 2 years later lmao

curl-6 said:

Imagine if Dread beat Prime's record as best selling Metroid game after nearly 20 years, only to then be dethroned by Prime Remastered less than 2 years later lmao

I both hope this happens and would be somewhat disappointed if it did.

curl-6 said:

Ha it could happen. Dread deserved more sales, but honestly being a 2D game they should have priced it at $40, or at the very least they should have dropped the price last year once sales had I'm sure plateaued. It was totally worth $60 as its better than many good huge AAA 3D games, but 2D makes people think 'smaller less expensive' game, and I bet a lot more people would have picked it up with all the rave reviews it got if it was priced closer to the slew of cheaper 2D games that people are used to.

Meanwhile Prime Remastered is a granted very old but completely redone gorgeous modern looking 3D game for only $40 so yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it outsells Dread.

Nintendo is so weird with their pricing. DK port that actually costs more than it originally cost on WiiU, Z:SS selling at $60 even though its like the one unpopular 3D Zelda, Dread a 2D game sells at $60 in a series that has always been a fairly small seller when very likely a lot more people would pick it up if it was cheaper, Prime Remastered they completely redo the graphics putting in tons of work and only sell at $40, Z:LA priced at $60 and granted is a gorgeous remaster but it's a remake of a GB game so most people who wanted it got it in the first 10 days and they absolutely should have dropped the price to $30 after a while which would have breathed new life into its sales. I feel like they should be more conscious of this. There are games that have no legs and its silly to not allow a bunch more people to buy the game (thus giving Nintendo more money) by dropping the price, and 2D games are generally perceived as being cheaper so same goes with Dread.

Anyway, great for the Metroid series if Dread and Prime Remastered both sets new records for the series. Hopefully Prime 4 will easily go over 5 million.

CaptainExplosion said:
Kslost said:

Yeah people take advantage of Nintendo game shortages.  I was lucky enough to catch a preorder for Zelda TOTK collectors edition but I see it’s already selling as a PREORDER on eBay for around double.  The audacity.

Isn't there a law against these fuckers?

Should be.  They’ll find themselves in hot water if they sell these “preorders” and end up with shipping problems like Metroid prime remastered has had.

Around the Network
Kslost said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Isn't there a law against these fuckers?

Should be.  They’ll find themselves in hot water if they sell these “preorders” and end up with shipping problems like Metroid prime remastered has had.

We've seen laws put in place to fight ticket scalpers, so why can't we have any for game and console scalpers?

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

I both hope this happens and would be somewhat disappointed if it did.

Well, look on the bright side, Prime 4 will most likely seize the throne shortly afterwards anyway haha

Hynad said:
 mZuzek said:

My biggest fear if they do a Prime 2 remaster, is not doing exactly this... since despite Prime 1 having no loading between rooms anymore, they still kept the elevator transitions the same. Those dark world loading screens were a real pain in Echoes.

If there's one other thing I wished they changed in it, but they won't, is the auto-healing inside light beacons. I get why they put that in the game, to ensure the dark world isn't too hard, it's almost a failsafe method of ensuring the player can always progress even if short on E-tanks or whatever. But it's tedious. Replaces what should be an intense atmosphere, with... waiting. Like, putting the controller down and picking up your phone kind of waiting. It just kills the mood. It'd be much better if they replaced it with, say, more things you can shoot for energy drops.

Think with those changes Prime 2 would be nearly perfect. But even without them, it's such a great game. I'm watching a friend play through the Gamecube version and he just got to the Sanctuary Fortress, it's crazy to think what it'd look like if they give it a remaster.

And yeah Prime 3 as well... Prime 3 already had a lot going for it visually, Bryyo, Skytown, Pirate Homeworld, these places looked super cool. Really hope we get all games remastered.

One of the things I liked most about Prime 3 was how beams stacked instead of you having to constantly switch. Prime 1 has some questionable doors in the later parts of the game where they seemingly put different coloured ones just for the sake of having you switch beams.

Yeah I always felt once a door is open it should open to any beam.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

YES!!!! My copy just arrived! Saturday evening plans have just been made

It's fitting that just as Metroid Prime set a gold standard in 2002, MPR sets a gold standard for remasters in 2023.
Dammit it's just so great to have Retro back at the top of their game, their absence for the past 9 years really stung.