By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Prime Remastered out on Switch... today (Digital, physical 22nd of Feb)

SKMBlake said:
CaptainExplosion said:

And Nintendo is hypocritical when it comes to adult content. 

I mean who isn't

Not counting a certain demonic ho covered in hair, Metroid is the most adult Nintendo franchise, so it might as well have an M-rated entry.

Around the Network
Loneken said:
Kakadu18 said:

What exactly is "the Metroid experience"?

The feeling of isolation in a planet. Where you have to explore and colect upgrades, learn skills and understand the story and lore with visuals (enviromental) clues.

In that sense, Metroid Prime has the best "inmersion" in that kind of feeling in 3d (Music, escenery,etc)

Super Metroid has the exact same feeling  in 2d, plus the incredible movility options of Samus. You explore in Super Metroid, but Samus is fast and almost unstopable in the end. When the gameplay was translated to 3d . Metroid Prime has to trade movility for ambience because of technical limitations.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks for the explanation.

Btw it's called mobility.

For anyone who is curious, I highly recommend reading up on Retro's history, it's quite an interesting tale:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2004/12/18/a-retrospective-the-story-of-retro-studios

Long story short, it's a miracle that Metroid Prime came out at all, much less as great as it did, as its production was very troubled. The studio was an absolute trainwreck in its early years.

Since I love building mechs in games like Armored Core. Gundam Breaker. Daemon X Machina. I often make my own creations but also like to make stuff from other games/anime. Yes of course I have done Jehuty,Temjin,Leynos,Wanzers,Psyvariar and more. Today I just threw together Samus in Gundam Breaker 3 and Daemon X Machina. Sadly GB3 doesn't have a gun that matches. If they suck oh well.

DXM on top GB3 on the bottom.

Last edited by Leynos - on 16 February 2023

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Since I love building mechs in games like Armored Core. Gundam Breaker. Daemon X Machina. I often make my own creations but also like to make stuff from other games/anime. Yes of course I have done Jehuty,Temjin,Leynos,Wanzers,Psyvariar and more. Today I just threw together Samus in Gundam Breaker 3 and Daemon X Machina. Sadly GB3 doesn't have a gun that matches. If they suck oh well.

DXM on top GB3 on the bottom.

That look really cool.

Around the Network

Even though i am not a fan of prime i am happy for you prime fans

Put the physical release on my birthday list, and I really hope the other two Prime games come to Switch as well. ^^

CaptainExplosion said:
SKMBlake said:

I mean who isn't

Not counting a certain demonic ho covered in hair, Metroid is the most adult Nintendo franchise, so it might as well have an M-rated entry.

You don't need the Mature rating to make an "adult" game. 

Especially since the definition and the nature of "adult entertainment" is vast for interpretation.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Digital Foundry have given the game a glowing technical review

curl-6 said:

Digital Foundry have given the game a glowing technical review

The more the merrier. ^^